Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 273554 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #390 on: August 29, 2013, 05:48:37 pm
But, it's still too clean!

I guess the bike just doesn't show much dirt. I certainly haven't gone out of the way to keep it clean!
Just as an aside, I've deduced that the Enfield was more comfortable than the Goose. After 150 or so miles on the Goose, I tend to develop some aches. Never had any on the Bullet after 350 miles! Might have been tired, but not sore!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Reply #391 on: August 30, 2013, 07:36:58 am
I went to lunch on a bike that doesn't create mayo on short trips.
This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
2008 Bullet Electra Classic 500
Classic Frame and AVL motor
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #392 on: August 30, 2013, 02:01:12 pm
Put the Beamer to work yesterday!  This guy in a Volvo next to me kept jumping on the throttle like 4 stop lights in a row.  The last light we were both a 2 lane light for the entrance onto I-70.  He jumps on it again, I just rolled the throttle on and started shifting at 6500 RPMs.  I shift into 4th and check my shoulder right before the last curve, I put about a 100 yard spread between us and never saw him again.  :)   It's not that fast out of the hole, but it sure gets up to the ton no problem.  I haven't had enough road without traffic to see where it actually tops out at.  I'm guessing about 110.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #393 on: August 30, 2013, 07:22:55 pm
Yeah, I had a Mustang pulling that crap on me going down Imperial Highway. When we got down to a3 0r 4 mile section of "freeway" I had to show him a little of what a Goose can do. He had a V8 in the Mustang and I was really afraid he'd blow my doors off. But I rolled on just enough to beat him out of the hole and heard him really gunning it, so I rolled an a little more, then nailed it. I didn't have any more problems at the next light! The Goose must be somewhat quicker than I give it credit for!

Hey Gary, how's the boat treating you?
Bare
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:34:01 pm by barenekd »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Dave1

• Grease Monkey
Reply #394 on: August 30, 2013, 09:35:03 pm
Changed the gearbox oil on my 2004 Bullet 65. Also changed the breather system to Ace's arrangement. Only to discover my bike might have blow-by. Time to take the top end a part.

Took my bike for a nice long ride today. Which was nice.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #395 on: August 30, 2013, 09:37:48 pm
Changed the gearbox oil on my 2004 Bullet 65. Also changed the breather system to Ace's arrangement. Only to discover my bike might have blow-by. Time to take the top end a part.

Took my bike for a nice long ride today. Which was nice.

Does yours have a round or flat dip stick ?
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Dave1

• Grease Monkey
Reply #396 on: August 30, 2013, 09:48:27 pm
Mine has the flat dipstick. Push and twist. Not the screw in type. I have tried the first click position. But oil comes out. Which then goes down the gearbox casing and on my trials exhaust. I'm guessing that would also indicate blow-by?

Unless, what I call the first click position is in the wrong place?

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #397 on: August 31, 2013, 03:43:51 am
Yeah, I had a Mustang pulling that crap on me going down Imperial Highway. When we got down to a3 0r 4 mile section of "freeway" I had to show him a little of what a Goose can do. He had a V8 in the Mustang and I was really afraid he'd blow my doors off. But I rolled on just enough to beat him out of the hole and heard him really gunning it, so I rolled an a little more, then nailed it. I didn't have any more problems at the next light! The Goose must be somewhat quicker than I give it credit for!

Hey Gary, how's the boat treating you?
Bare
Thanks for asking.
Love it, 
We are out of vacation for the year having spent all of it on the boat.  We go out at least every other weekend, mainly in the intercoastal waterway, I am just now getting to the point I am not totally clueless about handling the boat.   We have even taken it out into the Atlantic, the ocean is very big and makes you realize how small a 27 foot boat is.   It is good the wife is back to work because I have 10-footitis.  :P

Motorcycles are much less expensive, I just dropped $200 on repairs to my furling jib, next will be replacing some running rigging, installing a solar powered air vent then working on the standing rigging and I also got some dinghy leaks to fix and on and on and on.......

Still love my Enfields. I think I found one of the only hobbies that requires more fiddling,  takes some skill to do that.   8)
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #398 on: September 01, 2013, 02:24:22 am
Got the Beamer all packed up and ready to leave in the morning for the camping trip with my 2 friends.  I ended up using the Bass Pro Shop gift card my wife got me for Xmas and got a 55L heavy duty dry bag (the big blue bag in the pic).  I was able to fit my sleeping bag, pillow and my change of clothes in there.  :D  We're taking an very scenic route that adds an extra hour of drive time making a one way trip about 2 hours 45 minutes and 80.6 miles.  We'll stop at the cafe about 15 miles from where we're camping and eat lunch and then go set up camp.  Then it's ribeyes & potatoes on the open campfire for dinner, venison tenderloin for a late night snack and eggs and sausage for breakfast.  Then we'll pack up and head home around noon.  Not sure which way we'll take back.  Maybe the same way we took back on our last adventure trip.

Scottie
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:27:07 am by Scottie J »

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #399 on: September 01, 2013, 09:59:50 am
Scottie, this is turning into a ride report!

Remember, I like pictures...  ;)

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #400 on: September 01, 2013, 01:33:11 pm
Scottie will be representing Australia  :D
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #401 on: September 01, 2013, 02:15:17 pm
Scottie will be representing Australia  :D

Funny!  You're NOT the first person to point that sticker out to me!  It just makes me laugh because it's not my bike.....  Yet.  ;)  But I was thinking if I do buy it, I'll just keep slapping new stickers on there until I look like a High Class Alcoholic!  Kind of an inside joke, there are a crap ton of really great micro breweries in Colorado and they ALL have bumper stickers at their respective breweries.  So needless to say, every now and then, you'll see a bike/car plastered with beer stickers.

Man!  Am I excited for this trip!  I've wanted to go camping on a bike since I had my first dirt bike (a '78 Kawi KE125) 22 years ago, when I was 13.  So as cool or pathetic as it may seem, this trip is actually a childhood dream of mine.

Scottie, this is turning into a ride report!

Remember, I like pictures...  ;)

I wish I had a Go Pro so I could record the trip.  I guess I could take my smart phone chest mount and do some video with that.....  It'd be better than nothing.  :)  But you know me, I love taking pics as much as you Matt!  And I'll totally make a ride report when I get back tomorrow afternoon.

Scottie

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #402 on: September 02, 2013, 11:30:33 pm
Just got back from my camping trip on the adventure bikes.  Check it out in Trips/Rides!

Scottie

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #403 on: September 04, 2013, 12:45:16 am
Rode the Ural to work today.  Ural one day, Bullet the next, poor Yamaha gets about once every two weeks.

Waiting for metal panniers and carrier to arrive from Canada.  Taking the Bullet for its first "long" trip in two weeks.

Cheers,

Dan K.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #404 on: September 04, 2013, 03:16:58 am
Where are you headed on the Enfield too Dan?

Scottie