Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 273680 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #375 on: August 21, 2013, 02:22:55 am
Just a quickie up to Crystal Lake with a couple of Guzzi group guys without any Guzzis. The restaurant is closed on Tuesday up there so we went over to Mt Baldy for lunch. Great day on on  San Gabriel Cyn, East Fork, Glendora Ridge Rd and Glendora Mtn roads. The poor old Guzzi just will not stay up with Triumph Street Triples and 1100 Beemers. Sure fun trying though!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #376 on: August 21, 2013, 10:44:10 pm
Took a solo run to Newcomb's. Thought there would be some Guzziists headed up that way, but didn't run into any. Nice ride, got a bit warm on the way home. Had to stop by the vintage English Bike shop and pick up a Cat's Face for the Goose. I've got a fender eliminator and it needs a different taillight.
Some a-hole truck driver tried to drown me with a drink he tossed out the window as I was splitting lanes beside him, then honked at me as I finished passing him. I did get a chance to indicate I thought he was #1. Oh, the drink missed!
Bare

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #377 on: August 21, 2013, 10:54:21 pm
Bare: Seems everyday a adventure out in Sunshine Land..What would u had done if that drinks ruined that beauty of a machine?  Now that would had been a tale of woe... :o
Oh Magoo you done it again

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #378 on: August 22, 2013, 12:31:19 am
Some a-hole truck driver tried to drown me with a drink he tossed out the window as I was splitting lanes beside him

I'm riding with my GoPro camera 100% of the time.  If I have an uneventful commute, I just wipe the card.  But if something like that happened, I'd be sending a copy of the footage to the truck's owner (if it was commercial) or right to the Police.  And either way I'd put the video up on youtube with the driver's plate #.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Norm

• Bulleteer
  • Ride it daily for best results.
Reply #379 on: August 25, 2013, 11:04:59 pm
Today I rode 60 miles on the little CBR.  Tight corners are no sweat for a 360# single. 

Water-cooling is nice, my first bike with it.  The counter-balancer really smooth's out the ride for a (small) thumper.  I have to keep it above 3k for normal riding and above 4k for any passing power.  The 10k redline is ridiculous for a single.

The Honda has averaged 83 mpg since new.  I imagine the UCE's average around 70mpg.
Ride like you are invisible.
Arizona

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #380 on: August 26, 2013, 06:22:22 pm
I looked at the Honda 250 and Kawasaki 300 after I crashed the Bullet. The Kawasaki fit me better than the Honda, but I just couldn't get myself to buy another Oriental bike. Just did'nt ant another of those soulless beasts! Don't get me wrong, they are great bikes, but rarely inspire passion. The Guzzi barely does!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

Norm

• Bulleteer
  • Ride it daily for best results.
Reply #381 on: August 26, 2013, 11:15:21 pm
I looked at the Honda 250 and Kawasaki 300 after I crashed the Bullet. The Kawasaki fit me better than the Honda, but I just couldn't get myself to buy another Oriental bike. Just did'nt ant another of those soulless beasts! Don't get me wrong, they are great bikes, but rarely inspire passion. The Guzzi barely does!
Bare

I've found that the "soul" of a bike is created by my passion for it (like the CBR250R).  Sometimes, soul is strong in a bike which demands continual attention (like a classic Enfield).  Sometimes, soul is created by our mind telling us we are riding a popular or trendy bike (like a Sportster). 

I am attracted to the upcoming Cafe Racer model, or whatever it will be called.  That's why I'm attracted to this fine forum.
Ride like you are invisible.
Arizona

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #382 on: August 27, 2013, 12:01:31 am
I somehow dodged rush hour traffic to and from work today.  Must have timed it just right.  A nice easy going day at work, PLUS pay day.  ;)  The coming home I scraped my toes for so long coming on a ramp I could smell the rubber burning on my shoe!  Then I hit the ton.  It was a great day!  :D

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #383 on: August 28, 2013, 11:38:34 pm
Went to the Rainbow Oaks in Fallbrook for breakfast with the Euro Moto Breakfast Club made it down there just in time! Here as a good turnout with a wide diversity of Euro bikes. The most interesting one was a '48 Moto Guzzi Falcone complete with a Bologna slicer.  He showed up a bit late and left early while we were all eating, so I couldn't get a picture. another guy, Bill, just back from Bonnevile after setting a record on an 1100 Guzzi of 177 mph. After breakfast, they were going down to Santa Ysabel, but I passed as it was getting hot so I opted for Deluz and Ortega with some little backroads up to my house. It was only 9:30 and already getting into the 90s. It was a too warm ride home. I'm glad I didn't go with them, it would've been at least two more hours and a 100 degree, 100 mile run to the house! As it was, I got home at noon and was well ready to get inside.
Picture from the Rock Store guys a couple of weeks ago.
Bare

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #384 on: August 28, 2013, 11:41:50 pm
Awesome pic, Bare!  But, it's still too clean!  ;)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #385 on: August 29, 2013, 02:02:56 am
Last week on the way home from work something in the throttle linkage went wonky on the sporty.  Works fine but has a less positive return and a bit of play. 
So in the garage it sits as I have been riding the hack.  Much better.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #386 on: August 29, 2013, 05:43:47 am
Sounds like like your throttle cable stretched/frayed.  I'd take a peak at it.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #387 on: August 29, 2013, 02:55:41 pm
Very much a possibility.  It has 2 throttle cables,  maybe one broke.  The good thing is if you go to the our local HD dealer and ask for the non chrome parts from the back prices are actually reasonable.      I bought pegs for under $10 when the chrome jobs on the floor were $50+.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #388 on: August 29, 2013, 03:44:22 pm
Great shot Bare. That Goose looks goood.  So shiny.  Good to see you wearing a full lid.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #389 on: August 29, 2013, 05:37:41 pm
I usually always wore a full lid, Except back in the good old days when I usually wore nothing. Fortunately I survived the idiot years.
The full face ones just didn't  just didn't go with the Enfield! Smashed a few of them over the years, too! I can avow that they do save lives. I've already outlived three cats!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer