aboard

Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 112199 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #945 on: October 01, 2018, 08:23:53 am
       Boy, nobody in a nursing home could ever find better treatment than you are giving this harley. I'm proudaya 8)  Maybe some day you'll actually BE on a vintage and feel as good as I..... (that's the wrong story for here).

Remember what Willy said: If you're lucky you get one good dog, one good truck and one good woman. I say there will be one, One, really good bike that you'll wish you had back to your grave.

Thanks tooseevee!  I learned many years ago that it's ok to be hard on your toys, WITHIN REASON, as long as you take care of her and stay up on the maintenance.  I do however have the advantage of being best friends with the PO, so I know exactly what has been done, and what needs to be done.  Being I do my own wrenching, it's literally just a matter of knowing what and when to do maintenance.  Just don't let the wife know I've already dropped about a grand on the 'ol girl.  Also, I turn 40 at the end of the month.  So, I'm not exactly vintage, but I think I'm officially a Classic.  ;)

Went on this year's Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.  Well, I didn't actually go on the ride. I broke my collarbone at the track yesterday so no riding for me. But I was there for the departure and after party and that was fun. Still got dressed up. A couple of mates took my old Ducati and my TRX850 cafe racer and the offspring's partner was there on his cx500 cafe racer. Great day out.

I really wanted to do the DGR again this year but just had way too much going on.  Between the recent move, recent job change and training for my running races, I just haven't had much free time recently.  I plan on making it happen next year tho.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Stanley

• Scooter
Reply #946 on: October 06, 2018, 11:52:27 am
After decades of riding with flat bars or clip-ons, arthritis drove me to put Pro taper bars on my SV650S. After all that surprisingly tedious work the upright position puts the weight on my nalgas. Today I'm installing a $13 gel insert to ease my ischial tuberosities.
By contrast, my stock Bullet fits like a glove. 
Enfields are like that faithful dog that pees when you pet him.