Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 273669 times)

Norm

• Bulleteer
  • Ride it daily for best results.
Reply #735 on: July 19, 2015, 10:06:28 pm

I recently had a new battery put into my Ohm e-bike, which doubles the range of OEM battery it replaced, down 25% after three years.

The picture above is from a 42 mile ride that used about 75% of the battery juice, with the motor at boost 3 of 4 to help my pedaling up hills.

Today's "fitness" ride of 23 miles used around 25% of the battery, with the motor at boost 1 of 4 most of the way.

If there weren't so many darn hills around, and if I wasn't on the wrong side of 60, a road bicycle would be my choice for longer rides.  But with ever increasing cage traffic, using a bicycle makes a lot of sense, what with the improvements in bike paths and trails here in the city.
Ride like you are invisible.
Arizona

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #736 on: August 09, 2015, 04:12:36 pm
Took a nice lunch ride thru Telluride and over
Lizard Head Pass to Dolores.
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #737 on: August 10, 2015, 12:59:26 am
Been a long week here. Monday I felt bad and Tuesday I ended up in the ER due to respiratory distress. After a few hours on "O"s and breathing therapy I felt much better, a bucket full of drugs and they sent me home. I worked Wed and Thurs and then took off Fri. NOW it gets strange.

I need to run to the store so I roll the RE out and pick up the script and back home.  I wanted Ice Cream so it's the car for this run. After I'm home I decide to run over to a friends house so I pull out the Versys. Full day to say the least by the time I get home I'm felling it.

Saturday And I get a call from a bud who need a favor from me. He fell off the corn crib at his Mom's farm and can I ride his bike home and bring back his truck as he broke his ankle? Now this is going to be a 5 hour ride! But he's bailed ME out so I head over to ride the BMW home...only it's NOT a BMW but a BRAND new Goldwing! What a beast! over 1/2 a ton of bigger than I've ever ridden monster bike. BUT once I got over it and hit the road it felt OK, yea it's still heavy BUT it didn't feel like a Moose. And on the open highway it's the Bees Knees. Set the Cruse Control, motor the windshield up and turn on the tunes and just drone down the road at 75 in a quiet bubble of comfort. Unlike anything I have.

Today I rode the RE for about 75 miles out in the country nice and slow just taking it in and enjoying the simple Thump Thump Thump and cool day. Just what I bought it for.

BUT all good things come to an end and I had to head back to get chores done and to fight with the computers that just upgraded to Windows 10, that at least went fairly painlessly.   

2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #738 on: September 02, 2015, 08:12:32 pm
Haven't ridden the Guzzi since Monday, just a short run to the dentist. It's been too hot to get any serious stuff in, but the bike is closing in on 20,000 miles!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #739 on: September 02, 2015, 09:40:24 pm
Rode to work, got cold, rode home, got wet!
Another good old British summer.
Krusty
Krusty

2015 RE Continental GT - Black
2016 RE Classic 500 - Lagoon Blue

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #740 on: September 29, 2015, 01:33:04 am
Got the wife's Biz 100 running.  We'd stored it while up north so I took the time to give it a good going over.  The factory battery failed after only 10 years.  What's the world coming to?  ;)  Replaced the air filter foam, was glad to see Honda shipped it pre-oiled. Replaced the original fuel line with one brought from the U.S., had to take the fairing off just to get at it.  Changed the oil for good measure.  So it's back together with a new battery, a bit of gas in the tank, the rear fairing on and it fired right up. Got the front fairing back on and it's ready for the gas/mechanical evaluation tomorrow so we can run it again. 

My XL  200, on the other hand, decided to give me fits.  Changed the oil, ensured the new (four months ago) battery was charged full after setting (disconnected) for four months. Replaced the fuel line with a piece of the same stuff brought down for the Biz 100.   Put about 2/3 of a gallon of gas in and it fired right up.  Now it's bogging when I accelerate. Must have something in the jet.   >:( Started to take the carb off to check it, but it's dark and I'm tired.   We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #741 on: November 27, 2015, 02:19:07 am
I took the dear wife's little Honda Biz 100 down to the grocery store to pick up some supplies for tomorrow's lunch.  She's got a basket on the front and luggage on the back to carry groceries.  I call it "Grandma's Grocery Getter" - although Grandpa was the one riding it today. 
Paul

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #742 on: November 30, 2015, 01:15:15 am
It was actually yesterday, but I finally got my 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 completely back together and took a 250 mile ride on it. I took the engine out to replace the stator almost a year ago, and it was sitting in what used to be my living room for almost a year. Just as I got the engine out, riding season arrived, and I let it sit while I rode my other bikes. I figure I have over 50 hours labor into it. I had forgotten how comfortable and fast it was. I cruised on the freeway for over 100 miles at an indicated 80 mph before needing to stop for gas. It is a v-twin, but feels like an inline four at those speeds. Now to get the old Vespa and XT225 back together, and all my bikes will be in running condition.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #743 on: December 17, 2015, 01:25:30 pm
Last night I brought the XL200 "home" for what will hopefully be the last time.  A bit later today I'll be riding it over to a friend's place where we'll put a big "For Sale" sign on it and see what happens.  I hate to let it go, but such is life.  Not enough room in the garage, plus we need the money for other projects. :(  On the other hand, I'm reminded why I'm so tickled with the purchase of the Royal Enfield Rumbler 500.  That XL200 frame is way too small for me, and it's a mystery how I managed to rack up that many  miles on such an uncomfortable bike.
Paul

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #744 on: December 18, 2015, 03:31:28 pm
Mystery solved...
You're too hard core to let that little thing stop you.  ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #745 on: January 29, 2016, 12:02:51 am
I rode the XL200 into town and turned it over to the young man that bought it from me.  Hated to let it go, but don't have adequate parking space for three bikes (The Rumbler, my wife's scooter and the XL) so on the block it went.  May it serve him as well as it did me.
Paul

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #746 on: February 05, 2016, 02:26:44 pm
What's the world coming to?  The headlight on my wife's Biz100 only lasted 11 years.  Had to change it out yesterday, it only worked on high.  Meanwhile, the rear light bulb was burned out on both the tail light and brake light - second time I've had to change that in 11  years. 

Paul

PerazziMx14

• Scooter
Reply #747 on: February 09, 2016, 09:41:52 pm
I got my 5 Guzzi's, 2 DR605's and Ducati 900ss/cr a early Valentine gift. I brought home a new leftover 2012 chrome/black C5 yesterday, if that counts?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:07:41 pm by PerazziMx14 »

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #748 on: February 09, 2016, 11:28:56 pm
I brought home a new leftover 2012 chrome/black C5 yesterday, if that counts?

Certainly a good start. And congrats glad to see another Enfielder around.

Plus remember if there are no pictures it didn't happen so get snapin'!  ;)
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #749 on: February 13, 2016, 03:01:14 pm
My wife's little Biz100 has been idling rather fast lately.  It's bugged me, but not enough to do anything about it.  This morning while I was warming up the engine and she was still not downstairs the opportunity was taken to grab a screwdriver and adjust the idle screw on the carburetor.  Sounds much better now.  It's probably time for me to take it for a ride around the neighborhood to see what else needs adjusted.
Paul