Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 279615 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #675 on: September 25, 2014, 10:28:25 pm
    Scotty Brown
        View Profile
        Email
        Personal Message (Offline)

Re: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?
« Reply #673 on: Today at 02:13:03 AM »

Took a very nice 116 mile tour from Laguna Hills to the main divide off Ortega south through Cleveland National Forest to Tejena ranger station and through the new homes built In the area since I was last there.  Road is all paved now but poorly maintained. Returned through Elsinore.  Stopped at the local watering hole "Hells Kitchen" and had some fun with the other riders.  They kept asking what was that square black box hanging down the fork leg. ( California charcoal filter required here ) I had some fun with them and very seriously told them that it was the Nitrous Oxide box and it give me enough horsepower to pass almost anything on the road.  Great day and love the C5........

One of my favorite riding spots, but usually go a bit farther south to DeLuz, but get there by riding usually Clinton Keith and Grand.
I haven't done Killen, is it paved all the way? Dirt and my cafe racers aren't the greatest of buddies!
Bare
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #676 on: September 26, 2014, 01:21:26 am
The road is paved but very poorly maintained with lots of pot holes and dirt over the pavement.  I was riding between ten and twenty miles per hour most of the way.  Not recommended for cafe racers if you enjoy comfort.  I have no idea why I posted this on a non-enfield site-- Brain fade I guess.

Bumboo

• Scooter
Reply #677 on: September 26, 2014, 03:21:38 am
Well we were in Bangor in early late Aug or, maybe, early Sept and visited the Harbor Freight as well as grocery store I'm sure.   It was a very friendly town and we were impressed by the miles and miles of American flags that lined the highway in route to the Canadian crossing.   We saw two REs in Maine: one in Arcadia National Park and another near Southwest Harbor.  I didn't get a chance to talk to either rider but the guy near Bar Harbor had a lot of bugs in his teeth.  I think he'd just ridden to the top of Caddy Mountain.   Best, MAM

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #678 on: September 26, 2014, 08:21:31 am
Washed my fabulous Pantah cafe/tourer and badass Suzuki Savage bobber for this weekend's Distinguished Gentleman's Ride. Huzzah and tally ho!  :D
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #679 on: September 26, 2014, 10:32:41 pm
Well, I did tackle the Nate Harrison Grade up to Palomar on the Guzzi.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #680 on: October 13, 2014, 01:29:58 am
Tool the Guzzi across the Crest yesterday. I haven't been up there in a couple of months because it's been too damn hot. It was a great ride and even a bit chilly above 7000'. Stopped at Newcomb's for awhile. Lots of people there. Even coming down into Pasadena wasn't too bad and the ride home was only about 85o. Great ride on a great day!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

i.candide

• Bulleteer
  • Romancing the Life
Reply #681 on: October 13, 2014, 04:22:02 pm
Found a buyer for my GL1100. So took it to Justin's Cycle for carb rebuild and new fork seals. The son-in-law is modifying and using my Sporty. Says he's going to buy it.

Now in the market for a first generation KLR650 as my alternate ride.
Romancing the life
On a 2015 Military Green C5
In Southern California

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #682 on: November 24, 2014, 11:54:55 pm
Listed mine for sale....

Its a 2009 Aprilia Mana with about 3800 miles.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/4774664722.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:58:07 pm by 1 Thump »

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #683 on: December 07, 2014, 10:47:55 pm
Yesterday I went for a ride with my friends. They're on Suzuki SV1000, Kwak VN800 and new KTM Superduke, so I took my old Pantah, which is my bike Most Likely to Keep Up. Usually we are on tight twisty stuff where the Enfield would be fine but yesterday was 300 miles on open high speed roads. Was a great fun ride, lots of swapping between bikes and The Superduke is genuinely frightening. 180hp is quite a lot. Was interesting to notice that the fuelling on that one is not brilliant, either. Kind of surged along at about a 1 second cycle that I found irritating. The owner had never noticed it though. Maybe I'm being too harsh on the GT and it's fuelling issue. The way it romped to 200kph in the blink of an eye, and destroyed the SV1000 in rollons, was not irritating  ;D.
Some fun scratching in the corners and lunch at a pub by the river made for a perfect day's riding.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Reply #684 on: December 08, 2014, 05:34:29 am
Painting more parts for My grandkids Christmas present, a 79 Honda Z50R I'm restoring.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #685 on: December 08, 2014, 06:34:54 pm
I took the Guzzi over to Malibu Friday for a flash, then went over to the Rock Store for lunch and BS sessions, then up the snake and down Latigo, then home for a 160 mile trek and Sunday went to the BSA Club Christmas party via Angeles Crest/Forest to Palmdale, 170 miles. The weather was nice on both rides! Great weekend. I don't think any one came to the party actually rode a Beezer. Don Madden was there on his RE.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Reply #686 on: December 09, 2014, 05:56:19 pm
I took the Guzzi over to Malibu Friday for a flash, then went over to the Rock Store for lunch and BS sessions, then up the snake and down Latigo, then home for a 160 mile trek and Sunday went to the BSA Club Christmas party via Angeles Crest/Forest to Palmdale, 170 miles. The weather was nice on both rides! Great weekend. I don't think any one came to the party actually rode a Beezer. Don Madden was there on his RE.
Bare
Very cool day for you. Its been raining here for a week... snow tonight :'(

Norm

• Bulleteer
  • Ride it daily for best results.
Reply #687 on: January 28, 2015, 04:50:59 am
On Sunday I rode 95 glorious miles on the Guzzi, mostly freeway blasting.  Back home I found a nail in the back tire.  How long has that been there?   :o

The bike is at the local cycle tire shop getting new treads.  Seven year old tires, even with only 1800 miles, need to be replaced anyway.
Ride like you are invisible.
Arizona

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #688 on: February 04, 2015, 11:30:37 pm
Fixed a cracked mirror arm and put the air filter back in the Goose.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #689 on: February 05, 2015, 01:49:11 am
Well a couple of days ago I became very ill. It was that bug you get when you see a bike you have to buy. I am slowly recovering after the near heart attack waiting for the online auction to come to an end.

This auction house has a very interesting technique to keep things alive and keep people in the game. What they do is list every vehicle no matter what it is together in one group. The auction will keep continuing as long as there is activity on one of the vehicles within 3 minutes to the end of the auction. So if someone bids within the last 3 minutes of the auction close, the time is reset to 15 minutes and you start counting down again. If someone bids again within the last 3 minutes it is reset another 15 minutes. If there is still activity after the first hour it then resets if a bid is made within the last 2 minutes in 15 minute reset intervals and then it will reset at 1 minute for the third hour. Well my bid was the top bid from the original ending of the auction till about 30 minutes into the second extended hour, when the last vehicle had a final bid with no higher bids placed.

Well after the smoke cleared and my heart rhythm went back to normal, I became the proud owner of an '09 HD FLHTPI. In layman's terms, an Electra Glide Police model.

My wife was actually excited about the thought of me buying this big hog. How cool is that! I think I will keep her around a little longer. ;)

Well it has under 16k miles on her. Have been cleaning, charging, inspecting everything. Will have to replace the police lighting that was removed with civilian appropriate lighting.

So this bike has the 103ci twin-cam motor w/6spd gearbox. It has the HO charging system, ABS brakes, oil cooler, air ride solo seat, King Tour Pack with padded backrest for solo riding, heated grips, low mounted driving lights, HD clutch, air ride shocks and run flat tires. 

I will definitely have to do the stage 1 treatment on this EG. A couple seat and tour options. New tour tires, brakes, stereo, gauges/switches and a new windshield designed with a flip up top lip to get the airflow over my head.

Shouldn't break the bank to get her in shape. I can take my time and slowly add what I want. First I have to weed through the zillion parts offered for this model.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:11:24 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII