Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 273574 times)

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #405 on: September 04, 2013, 04:03:30 am
Where are you headed on the Enfield too Dan?

Scottie

Small rally over in Hotchkiss, CO. 19 - 22 Sept.  Again, a BMW rally, but all marques welcome.  Has the grandiose name "Thunder Mountain Rendezvous", but is really low key.   Lots of nice riding in the area.  http://www.bmwriders.net/

Cheers,

Dan K.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #406 on: September 04, 2013, 11:45:41 pm
Went to the breakfast with the Euro Bike Breakfast Club who meet down in Temecula. It makes a nice morning ride before it gets too hot. They went on a ride after breakfast, but it was already too hot for me and I went home. But it was about 180 miles and I did do some twisties!
Can't wait for this damn heat wave to go away!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #407 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:39 am
It's been freaking wicked hot here in Denver too.  Weird part is, even tho it's been so hot, it's actually been rather wet too.  I've had to bust out the rain suit like 5 times in the last few weeks.  It's actually been so hot I've been wearing a motocross jersey home because it's just too damn hot for the leather coat.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #408 on: September 07, 2013, 03:40:27 am
Dismantled the old Zenith carb and dropped it in a container of biodiesel to soak.  Rebuild in 3 or 4 days.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #409 on: September 07, 2013, 08:35:48 pm
Went out early to the El Camino Show and Swap Meet. It's one of the biggest around, but today is a miserable day to have it! I got there a little after 8AM and it was already too hot. I went straight to the Show area and there were some really nice bikes there. I took a bunch of pictures, then went to the swap meet for awhile. I ventured though about half of it, then went back to get pictures of late comers. Now it had gotten way too hot, so I left at 9:30 and went home! The ride home want too bad as the air temp was still reasonable. But that damn sun was just baking me walking around the tarmac. I hate the CA sun! I love June gloom when it stays cloudy most of the day, but never rains.
A few pics
1. A Honda powered cafe racer
2. A 194 Rocket, a 250 Japanese cope of a Puch Twingle. Note the hand shift.
3. A Cheney 650 Triumph. The nicest Cheney I've seen in years! I built one in '69 with a Triumph 500 in it. Wish I still had that one!
4. Just a nice Norton Fastback
Bare
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:25:38 am by barenekd »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #410 on: September 08, 2013, 01:40:27 am
   Love that CB750, looks like it's one of Steve Carpenters, or at least his parts ?...  I believe he is out there in Southern California ? 

http://www.cb750cafe.com/

That Fastback is killer.......
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #411 on: September 08, 2013, 03:24:25 am
Love that CB750, looks like it's one of Steve Carpenters, or at least his parts ?...  I believe he is out there in Southern California ?

I know him nor the guy who owns the bike. It just kinda caught my eye.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

Buckeroo

• Bulleteer
Reply #412 on: September 12, 2013, 09:23:49 pm
I took a friend down on a Honda Nighthawk 750 to pick up a new Yamaha Tenere.
This bike was stored for 3.5 years.  It had fallen on its side for awhile. I claimed it about a year and a half ago. Thus the low miles and inexperienced owner.
2008 Bullet Electra Classic 500
Classic Frame and AVL motor
Electric Start
Electronic Ignition
5 speed
CV Carb

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #413 on: September 13, 2013, 10:40:02 pm
It's been a bit busy couple of weeks. I sold my GB500 to a guy in the Moto Euro Breakfast Club that I go to down by Temecula, our Wednesday morning "get up at O-Dark Thirty" and ride 65 miles for breakfast. But the last few weeks has been too miserably hot to join in the apres Breakfast ride. Actually Wednesday wasn't but the guy who got the GB wanted to pick up some more parts for it, so he followed me home and I only got to do Deluz and Carbon Cyn. But the Goose ended up just short of 5000 miles so I took a roundabout ride to the Guzzi shop and passed the 5000 mark on the way home from there.
Pretty good for about 3-1/2 months of ownership, I thought. I'm finally getting my body used to the beast and riding it much better, which makes me like it better.
In between the little rides and sale, I did do some minor mods on the tail of the bike, a bit of fender elimination. Getting rid of the big hump on the back of the seat and side number panels sure makes the bike easier for my squatty body to get on and off of!
Probably just put a fly screen on the front and dispose of the number plate there, too.
Bare
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:48:37 pm by barenekd »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #414 on: September 13, 2013, 10:48:39 pm
I sold my GB500

NOOO!  I wanted to buy that thing off of you.  Oh well.  I'll have to find some other 500cc cafe racer.  Goose looks better now without those plates and cowl.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #415 on: September 13, 2013, 11:05:26 pm
Hey bare.
Now that you've sold your GB500 you can take the money and go down to southern Ca and buy that RE cafe bike you've always wanted.

It's got a big dent in the gas tank and a few scrapes on it and it has over 15,000 miles on it but last time I looked it was still for sale.  ;D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #416 on: September 14, 2013, 12:48:15 am
And... gotta have that "cat tail", Bare!!!

Lookin' good!

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #417 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:37 am
Started a Sportster that's been sitting in a garage for over 30 years.  New oil, rebuilt the carb, and replaced the plugs and points is all I had to do.  Needs a lot of new stuff though.  Now the hard part is to wrangle the owner who let it sit all those years into selling it to me real cheap before he puts it in the garage and lets it sit until he dies.  It's a kick start only and he let it sit 'cause he couldn't kick it over.  I don't think he can do it now either.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #418 on: September 14, 2013, 09:52:54 pm
It's got a big dent in the gas tank and a few scrapes on it and it has over 15,000 miles on it but last time I looked it was still for sale.  ;D

Yeah, I've seen that one. I did notice the price is going down. But on the other hand I could've gotten it for $900 originally. If I didn't want it then, why would I now? I'm just getting used to the Goose! It's amazing how much muscle tone you lose when you don't ride for a few months! And the new one I wanted still isn't here!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

RGT

• Grand Gearhead
  • '94 350 Bullet
Reply #419 on: September 15, 2013, 07:42:46 am
Hey D the D, can we get some info/pics of that Sportster?
I have been plugging away on my XR 1000, fitting the new front end, took one of my engine case halves to a local shop to redo some poor welding that had been done, I was nervous bringing such a job to an unknown shop but though not a jeweler the guy did a solid job that I am confident will hold up. Once I finish with my crank rebuild it should go together nicely.