Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 273754 times)

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Reply #210 on: July 18, 2012, 03:36:21 am
I did nothing. I pretty much have done nothing to my non Royal Enfield every since I took possession of a 2011 C5 Military.  I plan to sell it to my cousin but first I am going to make sure he actually wants that bike not just any bike.  It is my 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim and I hope he won't be cramped with its mid mount pegs. My little cousin is 6 foot tall and kinda stocky. This will be his first bike so I am wanting him to go riding on it with me on my C5 a few times before he makes any decisions. 
Signature

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #211 on: July 21, 2012, 01:16:15 am
"....The Bultaco looks great...."
Thanks all.It sold in just a few hours at Mid-Ohio VMD event today...... going to be with several other Buls in AZ. Now,I can get back to final assembly of the military Husqvarna project (then to the military JAWA CZ,
then to the....).

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #212 on: July 21, 2012, 04:53:25 am
i love bultacos... got scars on my thigh to show it..  wheelies and 1/2 in 1966, backwards down a 10 ft drainage ditch..  bell bottoms were not my friend,, ::)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #213 on: July 22, 2012, 11:46:49 pm
Oil change and basic service on the Shovel Head.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #214 on: August 13, 2012, 05:48:58 am
Rode out with my babe to The Colorado National Monument last Friday. I hate to admit it but I'm doing a lot of rides that just wouldn't have been fun on the Enfield. I guess I'm no longer content
riding "The roads less traveled".
            -Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Hobbydad

• aka Mike
  • Bulleteer
  • Your only as old as you feel
Reply #215 on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:33 am
Rode my '75 CB550 to the mechanics for service, only to be met by his wife, who proceeded to tell me he wouldnt be able to work on it, since he crashed one of his bikes over the weekend and broke his collarbone. Ouch.
'11 C5 Military

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #216 on: August 15, 2012, 05:00:08 am
Flushed and changed the brake fluids.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #217 on: August 28, 2012, 03:20:25 pm
Finally located and installed proper looking fork gaiters for the Husky.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #218 on: August 29, 2012, 03:27:57 pm
Sam,
There are some very interesting (and olive) things in that garage.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Rob Vespa

• Scooter
Reply #219 on: September 01, 2012, 05:02:56 pm
What did I do with my non-Royal Enfield bikes today?  Yet again, thought about selling them.  Looking at bikes for sale has become a sort of hobby for me, but I always find myself looking at bikes that look very similar to the Enfield, whether it's a vintage BSA or a new Triumph Thruxton.  I've been thinking about getting a cruiser (like a vintage BMW airhead or the Triumph Speedmaster) for longer rides, which are something I'd like to do - All these stories I read about cross-country trips give me wanderlust.
| 2009 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Deluxe AVL
| 2004 Triumph Speedmaster

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #220 on: September 01, 2012, 05:39:53 pm
All these stories I read about cross-country trips give me wanderlust.
Be adventurous, take the Enfield! One thing in life the Bullet will give you is patience!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #221 on: September 03, 2012, 03:56:40 am
I agree, take the bullet.  People ride them around the world and back.  I recently took my BMW K100RS on a two day trip to the Sierra mountains.  It was fast, smooth, and reliable.  I kept wishing I was on my bullet!  My head played the sound of my bullet over and over and the BMW was terrible on the dirt roads and I had to rev it up on steep curvy roads where my bullet would have just chugged up.   A month later I did almost the same trip on my bullet and loved every second.  It took longer but I saw more sights, took a few more breaks, and consequently met more interesting people.  When I got home I sold the Beemer.

Rob Vespa

• Scooter
Reply #222 on: September 04, 2012, 03:14:21 am
Be adventurous, take the Enfield! One thing in life the Bullet will give you is patience!

I agree, take the bullet.  People ride them around the world and back.

Ha - Fair enough.  Thanks.  I may just need more time with it.  Love the bike, but I bought a used one that has issues and they're just now getting sorted out.  That said, it's the bike I keep coming back to and look forward to riding.  I'll search the forum and see what other people have done regarding upgrades - panniers, a rack, etc.  Truth be told, I have a (long) wish list of bikes I'd like to ride.
| 2009 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Deluxe AVL
| 2004 Triumph Speedmaster

ridgerunner

• Grease Monkey
Reply #223 on: September 04, 2012, 03:23:37 am
Today I went on a dualsport ride on the old Beemer GS. Watched a V-Strom rider bottom his suspension so bad it knocked his helmet off! I think he coughed up his underwear tag at the next stop! I'll probably be sore for a week, but it sure was fun.
08 Bullet ES (AVL)
The Enfield saves on gas, riding the Enfield saves on Prozac. ;)

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #224 on: September 10, 2012, 05:32:58 am
Finished and tested the LED bulb conversion for the Husqvarna. These old 6V AC electrical systems are a real challenge to upgrade....40 watts doesn't go very far.....