Author Topic: My Weeble's Wobble  (Read 12490 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #60 on: August 28, 2011, 08:59:02 pm
will look into heavy bar end weights and gel type grips and see which ones fit in G5.

I bent the stock bars and getting new ones from CMW has been very slow (only about 6 or 8 weeks so far) so I got some other bars from Chaparral. They are about the same as the stock ones with an inch or so higher rise. I like them because they keep the bars farther away from the tank!
They don't have the end plugs to screw the weights into, so I got some longer screws and ran them all the way through the bar ends and Napolians and use the Napolian rubber mounts to hold the whole thing together and attach the assembly inside the bars. It has worked quite well. the bars vibrate a little more than the stock bars, but I can still use the mirrors, so it's not too bad. Mostly noticeable when I don't have gloves on.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

bittercrick

• Bulleteer
  • C-5 Chrome
Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 09:52:17 pm
Sorry to reopen this but I learned a little something today while on my way home from coffee. I sat as far back as I could and ran Weeble up to 75 MPH. (a first) and he didn't wobble at all. So is that a rake problem or ????  If I could set on the rear fender and reach the bars I have it made right ???   bittercrick
bikes Triumph 06 T100 - 01 Triumph Adventurer - RE C-5 chrome -78 Honda GL1000-83 Honda CB1100F

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: August 31, 2011, 10:36:59 pm
If there is no traffic in front or passing me, mine is stable at high speed, but if the air I'm cutting through has been disturbed by traffic, it will occasionally give me a couple of ocillations, but not a continious wobble. When it does ocillate from turbulent air, I pull straight back on the bars, tuck my knees into the tank clench everything and it smoothes out.  The wobble I get is not like the wind blown fun I used to endure on the Suzuki 250 Boulevard.  In clear, un-cut, air your chrome cousin in Canada runs up to top speed well.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 11:15:15 pm
I can run to 80mph in clear air or traffic, passing semis, whatever.  I get a little wind blast but no wobblies.  I'm not rubbing it in here, I just want to point out that it's not a design flaw in the bike.  Something is out of sorts with your rides and I want to help you sort it.

Scott

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: September 01, 2011, 06:37:15 pm
More on the K70s. Haven't found any dirt yet, but I got into some low speed tight stuff and find the K70s are lighter, quicker, and more precise steering than the Avons. Luvin' 'em. Never go back!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com