Author Topic: Singing the praise of my dealer.  (Read 3172 times)

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
on: March 16, 2008, 02:45:25 am
I bought my 2006 Classic Green Bullet 5spd ES from Vince almost 2 yrs ago (April 1st to be exact.)

I don't live too close, 127 miles (2-1/2 hrs away), but I have made several trips. Vince is very accommodating given the distance and time I must travel.  Oh, we have had our "moments" as we have developed a working relationship, especially from a newbie going from Beemers to Enfields (apples and oranges). But Vince has always...ALWAYS been gracious and patient.

Perhaps a bit embarrassed to admit, but I do have his shop on speed dial.

I bought the Enfield and then a few months later I bought a little Asian-built scooter from him. The scooter is actually my commute vehicle, for the Enfield needs a bit longer to properly warm up and my commute is a bit short. But I am a two wheel man at heart and use bicycle, scooter, and "Ennie" almost exclusively. (I did fill up my pickup last night just to keep moisture out of the tank. I noted that the last time I filled the truck was in mid-January. That's 3 months between fill-ups. Pretty good mileage, ay? :D)

Well, I wanted to publicly thank Vince for his continued service, patience and depth of knowledge. I must've called him five times this week. (It's not a habit) He always had a solution and if he couldn't talk at that moment he returned my call promptly.

BTW, Vince, the short, horizontal breather hose solution seems to be working, so far!  ;) (knock on wood).

It wouldn't surprise me tho', if he engages the "call-blocking" feature on his phone . ::)

Thanks, Vince!

-Jesse, oh, so many questions...   
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

abe

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 03:51:23 am
I will second that, I called Vince today and he is always there to help.  I too drive over two hours to get to him and its well worth it.

Thanks Vince!   :)

abe

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:59:17 am
   Vince is the man!! My green Bullet is an '07.Since I have Sunday and Monday off, and he is closed those days, we made arrangements for me to drop off, and then pick up my Bullet on two consecutive  Monday mornings for the 300 mile service. Otherwise I'd have to miss a day, or part of a day, twice, and I don't miss work.Haven't missed a days work in many years, or even been late.

jon in Puyallup
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:09:55 pm
     Thank you all for the kind words. I can't possibly tell you how much this means to me.

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 05:35:04 pm
Vince, you are a big help to all those of us who read your instructional posts as well.  I know I have learned from you.  So even though you aren't my dealer, thanks for being here for us.
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

mike704

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 05:46:57 pm
Vince, you are a big help to all those of us who read your instructional posts as well.  I know I have learned from you.  So even though you aren't my dealer, thanks for being here for us.
I Agree, your advice has been priceless and very appreciated.
2007 Military (My only vehicle)