Author Topic: Free Flowing Pipe Is On The Way - It's On Now - First Impressions  (Read 8640 times)

sewerman

• Scooter
LotusSeven, you are correct about retard and advance!  When I wrote my reply my secretary and TWO foremans were having a fine time BITCHIN" at me so I goofed.  When I screw up I ALWAYS do it with a large audience!!  I am usually not this brain dead!

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Find someone who can demonstrate the procedure and/or get your bike tuned. This may help greatly. Get a manual, tune it yourself. Get a manual anyway. I believe that many of us with the ES often use the kickstart anyway.   

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Sewerman.
Shows I read your reply though eh?

Bitchin' in the office? Wow, it's cabaret time!!!!      ::)
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

DaveG297

• Bulleteer
Will somebody tell me what a pilot jet actually does.....I know what a jet pilot does...I installed the Shorty muffler (I use the term muffler loosely)  and was jetted at 110 and now am running with a 112.5 and have the needle in mid position and is working fine,,,,,,,,almost feels rich sometimes...........Pilot jet,,,,,,,,whats it do............dg

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Will somebody tell me what a pilot jet actually does.....I know what a jet pilot does...I installed the Shorty muffler (I use the term muffler loosely)  and was jetted at 110 and now am running with a 112.5 and have the needle in mid position and is working fine,,,,,,,,almost feels rich sometimes...........Pilot jet,,,,,,,,whats it do............dg

It basically controls the low speed operation of the carb.

http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf

CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"