Author Topic: MY TRIP TO SCOTLAND.  (Read 5702 times)

Lonely Old Dave

• Scooter
  • BULLET 65
on: March 08, 2008, 04:07:17 pm
A few pics of Loch Lomond and the road to Fort William in scotland In summer 2001.
Also on my Triumph Daytona 1000cc.
Another place to go to before you die.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=81lr-Opv8fQ 

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:09:41 pm by Lonely Old Dave »
I'M TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG.

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 04:48:40 pm
Scotland and Ireland the lands of my ancestors!  :)

I may get there some day!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 01:48:45 pm
Dave I toured Scotland in a car, drove 35oo miles in 2 weeks, WoW,It was great.
I would love to do it by bike. My mothers side were highlanders, Mac Bean, and were stone masons, Fathers side ,Glen Coe, turned out to be salt smugglers !!!
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

geoffbaker

Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:32:55 pm
Salt smugglers?

Sounds like they might have found a little more lucrative smuggling business, don't you think? :D

I mean even  sugar smuggling sounds better.

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 01:48:44 pm
Salt was worth a tad more before Mr Morton  ::)
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

Suitor_Stu

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:29:54 am
A few pics of Loch Lomond and the road to Fort William in scotland In summer 2001

Nice pics!

You can pretty much be guaranteed stunning scenery and amazing roads anywhere north of Glasgow (on the west) and north of Dundee (on the east).  There really just aren't any words to describe how you feel when you're riding/driving in some glens.  Well there is actually, 'Insignificant'!  You realise just how short a time we spend on this earth, you do genuinely get a wee tingle in the back of your neck when you are anywhere near historic battle sites - you get the impression that the souls of the dead still inhabit the land...haha, or something like that...It's a nice place thought!

Cheers, Stu

geoffbaker

Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 02:44:40 am
I remember vividly what may well be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen on this earth... in Aberdeenshire looking down from the high hills into the valley through the rain and seeing the sunshine break through onto  a far town... the entire scene looked like some surreal underwater scene, luminous... of course, then I had to walk back home, in the rain...

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 11:42:02 am
 will most likely be in Scotland in the next two years. That is if I can convince the woman and my Irish friends not to go to Ireland and Germany the whole time. I cannot wait! It would be great if I could rent an RE when I am there. Not holding my breath  though.

geoffbaker

Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 08:17:42 pm
will most likely be in Scotland in the next two years. That is if I can convince the woman and my Irish friends not to go to Ireland and Germany the whole time. I cannot wait! It would be great if I could rent an RE when I am there. Not holding my breath  though.

That's the same problem I have with my Irish friends. They just want to go home to their old pub.