Author Topic: 2012 C5 Kick Start in the US?  (Read 9055 times)

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 06:14:23 pm
The B5s have a kickstarter.  I think there was a rumor started somewhere that the B5s are there to use up the old 350 parts but I think it's the new standard issue bullet that'll be around for a while.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 06:46:57 pm
+1.  I think they're still making the 350 in India for the forseeable future so they're still making those parts.  Anyone know if the B5 frames have all the sames mounting points as the 350?  If they're not identical they're making the B5 frames on purpose and not using up parts.

The B5 may become the new standard in India.  Inexpensive, more power, modern engine with less maintenance, and almost the same mileage as the 350.

Scott

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 06:55:22 pm
The VIN date code on my frame is April (d) and is also stamped manufactured in April 2011. The engine is also date coded April on my chrome C5 and it has a kicker. If the bike that is stated by the dealer to be a 2011 and has no kicker, it would be interesting to see if the engine is the one that matches the frame number. Maybe the engine got swapped out for someone that really wanted a kicker engine in a non kick engine?
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 07:38:44 pm
Doubt it.  It's more likely that the production line was running, they had 2011 frames waiting for engines, and a pile of 2010 non-kicker engines waiting for frames.  The two get married.

If you read your warranty you'll see that it states RE reserves the right to make changes to models at any time and will not be obligated to retrofit those changes to the existing models already out there.

We think of things in terms of model year but in actuality the production line is constantly evolving to fix defects, upgrade things, accommodate parts from different suppliers, etc.  These things don't revolve around a model year, they happen when they happen and the production keeps flowing.  I'm sure no one wonders if their throttle assembly or front brak switch came from a different supplier or changed spec slightly but the kicker is different.  It's a very visible feature that many people have strong opinions on so we notice it.

Scott

iowarider

• Bulleteer
Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 11:16:48 pm
Doubt it.  It's more likely that the production line was running, they had 2011 frames waiting for engines, and a pile of 2010 non-kicker engines waiting for frames.  The two get married.

If you read your warranty you'll see that it states RE reserves the right to make changes to models at any time and will not be obligated to retrofit those changes to the existing models already out there.

We think of things in terms of model year but in actuality the production line is constantly evolving to fix defects, upgrade things, accommodate parts from different suppliers, etc.  These things don't revolve around a model year, they happen when they happen and the production keeps flowing.  I'm sure no one wonders if their throttle assembly or front brak switch came from a different supplier or changed spec slightly but the kicker is different.  It's a very visible feature that many people have strong opinions on so we notice it.

Scott

agreed. To kick or not to kick, that is the question.  ;)
82, Honda CX500
82  Honda GL500
2004 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Drifter

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 12:11:06 am
OK, so its confirmed then that some 2011s have kickers and others dont......so my question was will ALL C5s in 2012 have kickers or does anyone really know for sure?

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 01:05:20 am
OK, so its confirmed then that some 2011s have kickers and others dont......so my question was will ALL C5s in 2012 have kickers or does anyone really know for sure?
I would be surprised if there are any non-kickers sent our way (USA) in 2012.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.