Author Topic: New Enfield website  (Read 6066 times)

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 04:00:21 pm
The motor would probably be more stressed in most places in the USA what with all our highways and freeways.  But for city stuff and weekend relaxed rides, yeah, I wouldn't mind having one of that size.

Well, for freeway riding, yes.  What I meant by less stressed was that the 350 is essentially the same motor as the 500, but with a smaller, lighter piston, and maybe lighter flywheels as well.  Yeah, its upper limits will be less than that of the 500, but for non freeway cruising, it might be smoother and less stressed.  I have always been under the impression that the 350 also got a few more mpg than the 500, but maybe that's no longer the case with the new motor.

Eamon
Eamon

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 06:50:45 pm
That, i'd never know, but I can bet mine is way less polluting than most others. Whats the status on your bike. I got the LED stuff in the mail. Will put it on this weekend. Should plan a ride soon.

New engine is on the way. I'll update when I hear more.

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 06:50:52 pm
Smaller piston, lighter crank with a comfortable cruising speed of 55mph and anything above that makes it stressed. It maxes out at 68mph. Mileage to a litre is 40-45 at 43mph.

Where as on C5 you can happily cruse at 62-68mph all day long. Gave me 20Km/L at 87mph and anything between 30-38KM/L in the speed range of 34-46 mph.