Author Topic: busted  (Read 1049 times)

single

• Grand Gearhead
on: July 08, 2011, 04:37:30 pm
Jolly's running lights were unsteady so I removed the headlight assy. and found a loose bayonet,took care of that and Jolly's eyeballs are now shining blue as ever.Thanx again ,Dan.Whilst fumbling around with this I let the headlight  dangle by the wiring.The ground wire pulled loose and the headlight dropped the 2.5 inches to the fender.Put everything back together,NO headlight.That little drop was all it took to waste the bulb,which absolutely was working before I took it out.Before it fell on the fender.I can see the separation of the filament.Must have been ready to go?Anyway,mite be good to be more careful.

n1acguy

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 07:25:55 am
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing except it was the headlight lens that cracked. I couldn't find a 7" lens without buying the whole kit from NField, so I ordered a lens from an Indian supplier. The first one had a slight crack and the second one they sent as a replacement was completely shattered.
Thankfully someone on here knew that a regular Sylvania Xtra Vision sealed beam would fit the 7" assembly, so I got a modern sealed beam.
After that endeavor, I'm real careful now :-[
My 2ยข YMMV

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:48:34 pm
Lesson learned,I guess.I replaced with a halogen,seems ok but no big improvement.Don't ride that much at night anyway.

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 10:32:47 pm
"  a gentelman does not motor about at night"      lucas, prince of darkness
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer