Author Topic: so it begins  (Read 3554 times)

tradrockrat

• Scooter
on: March 02, 2008, 01:28:56 am
well all, I now have a 2005  bullet in my garage to fix up for my wife's best friend (refer to earlier posts by me for more info - lol)

So I will post pics later, but here's the deal I worked out with her;

She pays for all parts, I give all labor free and once the bike is running tip top, she rides it for a while and decides if it is right for her.  If not, it is mine.

The bike is right hand shift, solo seat, center and side stand, and really f'n cool.

so a few questions - where is the best place to get a repair manual?

also, you guys have a great post about kickstarting the bike - any more procedures about this bike you'd care to share?

Quirks about the right hand shift?

general "Must know" tidbits?

thanks in advance,
Trad

LJRead

Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:51:57 am

That's great news, and it seems like a fair deal you worked out with her.  Check the online CMW store for the manuals.  I have only the Pete Snidal manual, but may pick up the factory one later as I hear the photos are good.  Pete's has some general setup pages and a lot of good tips.  If you run into problems I find this section is good. 

I went through what you are, since my bike just arrived a few weeks ago and I had to start from scratch.  I'm finding they are very nice to work on.

Hopefully, that new, there won't be many new parts needed, nor too much work.

Good luck with it

Larry

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 01:43:10 pm
Suggest you mis adjust the clutch & advance the timing a bit. That'll ensure it becomes yours pretty damn quickly  ;D
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

tradrockrat

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 02:38:39 am
first of all - lotus you need to get out of my head - lol

as for the suggestions - thanks.  This Tuesday (day off) I'm gonna replace all the fluids and lube all the cables as well as soak the carb in some cleaner - maybe get it started (at least get it to turn over and run momentarily) by nightfall.