Author Topic: Conversion to Solo Seat Question  (Read 10995 times)

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 08:51:51 am
Geoff.
That is 'real' leather in the pic above but of the poorest quality, underfed cows!!!
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

mike704

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 01:07:16 pm
My solo springs are clamped on the fender struts, the seat sits further back than the bench though.
2007 Military (My only vehicle)

geichal

• Grease Monkey
  • REA #64 ...not quite done, but close...
Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 01:20:09 pm
I'm having my leather guy make me a new solo seat with REAL leather using an old Le Pera pan that I had lying around.  I'm also going to use a rigid mounting system that I got from Uncommon Motors (Thanks Deejay!) that mounts the solo seat lower and farther to the rear.  Deejay has one on his bike and it looks very clean!
geichal

geoffbaker

Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 02:35:21 pm
OK then,

I really like the look of the solo seat but would definitely want it in good leather. What would be the best way to do this? Obviously I can buy the solo seat from CMW but then I'm paying for the "leatherette" covering... is there a source for solo seat pans, springs and hardware?

thx

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 08:53:55 pm
Geoff-

CMW has the solo saddles (non-english springer type) in leather or vinyl, black or tan.  I've got the premium leather solo and find it very comfy for my narrow behind...

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 02:31:35 pm
I have a question. I just added the solo to my classic and I do not think that I have got the right brackets. It is on and rides good but the fittings just seem way off like maybe they are for the electra. Any insight?

DaveG297

• Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 04:59:36 pm
I use the old style seat, 1920 probably or around there.  It has a series of springs under the seat cover that work pretty good.   Seat mounted right up with no problems on an 02 Bullet.    I still have to use sheep skin to ride any distance.  Being older and gaining weight hasn't helped any.  I swap between the Bullet ES and a 95 Goldwing and the change over is something else.   From max vibs to no vibs.  On the Wing I use a Hawk Air Pad and it is tops.   It is 10 years old an only one leak so far.   ROHO corp is a good company to do business with.............looking toward spring.........dg