Author Topic: digital gauges  (Read 3649 times)

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 24, 2011, 11:19:49 pm
Anyone have any experience with the randon gauge? I was also thinking one of these might work mounted over the handlebar clamp:
 http://trailtech.net/vapor.html
At times I wish I had a tach or a clock or a trip meter. On the other hand I find I don't use my bicycle trip meter anymore and I thought it would be a necessity before I had one.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 11:28:53 pm
Our host offers this one: http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/aftermarket-parts-accessories/instruments/randon-display.html

All the tech wizardry you could want and it fits in the stock opening.  I do wish for a tripmeter, I prefer it to the low fuel light, but this is too modern looking for my RE.  I like the old timey classic look.

As for a tach, who needs it?  If it vibrates too much or too little, shift.  Ride more, worry less ;)

Scott

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:12:28 pm
My trip meter is a black erasable marker on the chrome handlebar plate. People have asked me if that was the serial number or something.
Works well!
As for the tach, as Ducati Scotty sez, "If it shakes,Shift"! Kinda paraphrased, that is.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 12:13:44 am
I love that they don't have  a tach. It makes you a better driver since you don't look down all the time when you should be looking UP all the time. ;D
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 01:58:16 am
My trip meter is a black erasable marker on the chrome handlebar plate. People have asked me if that was the serial number or something.

Love it!  8)
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

FiRE Comms

• Bulleteer
  • '11 C5
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 12:59:27 pm

Now that's a great idea!
Chris

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 01:17:04 pm
I use a good old fashioned grease pencil :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 01:53:55 am
Pure genius on the dry erase and grease pencils.  Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. So, let's see, we got grease pencil trip meter, vibrations for a tach/shift indicator, how about a wrist watch for a clock, anything I'm forgetting?

GreenRE

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 06:36:44 pm
Pure genius on the dry erase and grease pencils.  Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. So, let's see, we got grease pencil trip meter, vibrations for a tach/shift indicator, how about a wrist watch for a clock, anything I'm forgetting?

You could easliy velcro an old watch to the handlebar.

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 07:03:30 pm
I've been known to kick car doors if they get to close, and a rapid application of the middle finger is often added.  Its cheaper than futzing around with louder horns. I had a friend years ago that rode a UJM and would keep an open pocket with old lug nuts in it. If someone did some road injustice to him he'd fling a hand full of lug nuts at the offender and take off. Not my style, but cheap a alternative costly horns.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 07:05:07 pm
BBs are quite startling and not so heavy as to cause damage.

Scott

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 09:52:28 pm
There is a very nice clock which fit over the center head nut.  Looks very nice and easy to install. It's in the enfieldgear store.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 05:22:42 am
There is a very nice clock which fit over the center head nut.  Looks very nice and easy to install. It's in the enfieldgear store.

I have one and I love it! Push the button just below 6 o'clock and it lights up. Be very careful when damaging cars. They will win if they catch you! :o