Author Topic: What have you heard or experienced of the B5  (Read 9597 times)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 12:00:22 am
The tanks badge is cool but it's thin stamped metal.  I believe it's the oldest style badge there is.  I've seen old school solid brass ones somewhere, maybe NFieldGear?  If the mounting holes line up they'd be a nice upgrade.

Scott

I fitted a solid brass one to my B5 recently, photo below.

It was an Indian aftermarket solid brass item.

The screw mount holes match the B5 tank but the badge is "flatter" and needs some serious bending. To get the bend perfect on a standard B5 it may be necessary to pry off the small brass inner emblem , shape it separately and reattach it to the main part.

It definitely looks the part, well worth the effort.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 04:08:50 am
Sweet!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 12:33:14 pm
that is a beautiful machine...Just breathes classic in everyway...I gotta tell ya, Its right up there if not in some ways sweeter than the c5's...Love the pics...
Oh Magoo you done it again

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 10:17:25 pm
GlennF, that looks awesome!  I like the badges that come on the B5 but they're a bit thin and may get damaged.  Nice to see there's such a pretty alternative available that lines right up with the existing screws.  About how much did they cost?

Scptt

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 12:02:37 am
GlennF, that looks awesome!  I like the badges that come on the B5 but they're a bit thin and may get damaged.  Nice to see there's such a pretty alternative available that lines right up with the existing screws.  About how much did they cost?

Scptt

Think they were about $US25 and roughly same again for freight so about $US50 all up. You could probably get cheaper on the freight by shopping around.

Note the badges match in terms of mounting holes but are made for a much flatter tank so need some careful bending. They are quite thick but as they are made of brass they will bend OK without needing to be heated. Each badge is actually two separate pieces brazed together, the wing part and the inner Royal Enfield logo section. If you are not overconfident with metal work you may need to allow a few extra bucks to get a local panel shop reshape them to fit the tank better.