Author Topic: What have you heard or experienced of the B5  (Read 9595 times)

Dallastheologian

• Scooter
on: June 22, 2011, 12:15:42 am
So I was originally going to get the C5, but I think I have switched to the B5 ($1000 cheaper) and I am going to have the dealership put on the tan leather solo seat as well as doing some fender pin-striping . What do you guys think.

Thanks

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:22:47 am
I got a C5 right before they announced the B5. For $1000 less you get a two-up seat, a kickstart, a metal tank badge instead of a decal... what's not to like? Some people don't like the shape of the rear fender, but I like it. Just make sure the pinstriper has the same talent as the factory guy. Show him that youtube of him pinstriping a tank.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:27:02 am
Sounds like a cool option.  I have and like the C5 but a B5 with a solo and some extra pinstriping would look even more vintage, and you'll never see another just like it.

Scott

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:46:36 am
An old skool 1955 frame with an EFI. UCE engine.

What more do you need to know to make up your mind?

$1000 less?...... Done deal.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Tri750

• Big Al
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:52:45 am
They were supposed to be "different" not as nice paint, handle different, etc. We have yet to see or feel anything unlike the C5 or G5. Nice bike.
They seem to sit lower tho the brochure says its the same. The seat cover seems to be made out of some sort of rubberized kryptonite. Tough as elephant hide.
Current bikes:
'71 BMW R75/5 racer
'73 Kaw Z1 racer
'77 Tri 750 Bonneville
'99 BMW R1100RT

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:55:28 am
I noticed the seat cover looked different than the G5 when I saw it.

Scott

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 01:03:18 am
Still waiting for the dealer to prep their 2 B5's.  The "frumpy" fender actually looks good to me now.  For $900 less it seems like a no brainer.  The tires are
G5 style, 19-inch wheel.  The front forks are C5 style (gotta remove them to change the fork oil).  I want to test ride one.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Dallastheologian

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 01:24:46 am
Anybody know of any pics of a B5 with the solo seat?

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 02:05:49 am
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1129100/

The B5 looks just like a bullet 350 in India so you can google "enfield bullet 350" and lots of pics of bikes with various modifications come up.  I really like the B5 but the dealer had a G5 on the floor and I couldn't wait any longer.  :P

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 05:06:47 pm
I have to go with Jartist. I wanted a B5, but the dealer didn't have any yet, either. So I got the G5. Instant gratification, right? He got the B5 about two weeks later. After close examination, I think I prefer the G5, but the B5 certainly looks more original.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 06:16:30 pm
The front forks are C5 style (gotta remove them to change the fork oil).

I know they have fork covers instead of the rubber gators but that doesn't mean they are C5 style.  The C5 fork was created just for that bike, it's shorter and has less travel.  I'm guessing since they're using an old frame model they're using an old fork too and you don't need to disassemble them to change oil.  Over the years and models they've switched from gators to metal covers and back again several times.

Scott

CoffeeAchiever

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 10:25:15 pm
I say go for the B5 Dallastheologian.  What's not to like about saving $1,000?  Nothing at all!  Besides, the best part about the new B5 is that it's a ROYAL ENFIELD BULLET! 

All the Bullets are too cool for words in my humble opinion - all versions, all colors.  Before I bought my G5 Deluxe I looked into ordering a B5 myself.  Impatience got the better of me and I bought my bike off my dealer's floor. 

The B5's vintage domestic Indian market 350 look is killer.  I especially like the B5's brass tank badge and fully supported front fender.  Even the funky semi-squared off rear fender is a big time personality enhancer in my book.  Gold pin striping on a black B5 would be the icing on the cake! 

If your dealer has a B5 ready to go then what are you waiting for?  Get it and ride it!  You'll love it!! 

Here's a photo of an older iron engine Bullet that looks an awful lot like the new B5.  It has the gold pin striping you're considering and a chrome gas tank!
2009 G5 Deluxe "Domino"

BRADEY

• Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 09:50:01 am
I would say the B5 is a super cool bike. Retro to the hilt, modern as they can get, and above all it goes like on rails at any speeds. You would love it for the attention it would grab for you. Its my dream bike and it is being introduced in India as well...so may be we can plan a ride to Ladakh if you may please, some time in future........ ;D

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 11:46:35 am
1000 little green friends less for a B5...and you can spend these immediately for usefull/useless gadgets like crash bars, windshields, ace-bars, silencers, seats or this and that and too....
However, I guess it could be worth it doing these pinstripes on the fender yourself. Or, if you´d like a more substantial alteration, what about a different colour on the fenders? Like yellow, maybe? Would match the tank emblem, that´ll be a hit!
Ok, ok, I´m going to stop now spending your money... ;D
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl