Author Topic: This Saturday is the day  (Read 2385 times)

Dallastheologian

• Scooter
on: June 21, 2011, 03:38:45 am
I am getting ready to take the RE plunge this weekend... finally got the OK from the little lady.  :) I am going to get the C5 at the local dealership here in Ft. Worth. Super excited.

Question: I want to create a good rapport with this dealer as it will be where I get the majority of my maintenance done (anything bigger than changing the oil), but is there room to haggle on price on these babies? If so how much? Also the dealer said she still has a couple 2010's and that it comes with the $150 in accessories. Any suggestions on what I should get with it.

Thanks for all the help. Looking forward to joining the RE family. 

JesterNT

• Scooter
  • Maintenance is as much art as it is science.
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:59:18 am
A C5 is a good choice  ;)  I dont think the dealer makes too much $ on the sale of the bike.  I would be surprised if get them to budge more than $100 or so.  Especially when its nice out and people are buying bikes.  December might be a bit more of a bargaining month than June.  You might have better luck getting them to include something for free.  I paid almost list for my C5 but I got them to throw in the iso grips I wanted for free. 

I had drove 400 miles to get to the dealership and they knew that so I wasn't in a strong bargaining position.

For the $150 in accessories I woud sugest a 7" headlight, or a good helmet if you dont have that already.  Im kind of partial to my motorcycle gloves to, I dont like to ride very far without them.

Good luck ride safe...
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

noontime

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 04:00:48 am
I also just bought a C5...not much room to haggle on my 2011 model, they're having to get it shipped here.  The 2010 C5 on the lot was cheaper and it seemed as though there could be some cushion room on that one.

Welcome  and good luck!

Dallastheologian

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 04:04:07 am
Yeah there is actually another dealer that is closer (20 Mins vs 50). There are two in the DFW area, but the closer one doesn't have the bike I want yet and don't really like the atmosphere there, but I could always go there. I may use that as a bit of a bargaining chip.

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 04:07:35 am
Haggling depends or your skill and position as Jester said earlier. If thats the only dealership in 3-4 hundred miles, he's gonna know your over the barrel. Plus add in the fact that it is damned hard to turn a penny in todays market unless your one of the big boys, Honda, Kawi, Yahma, Harley, you have to question even wanting to haggle unless the bike isnt exactly what you want. I got lucky, knew the dealer before hand and knew that the bike in question had been taken up much needed floor space for some time. However, I now am obliged to bring the bike in for most if not all my service for some time because I do want to be supportive. If your talking one of the 2010's you mentioned earlier, I'd say haggle away. Just dont expect him to budge on the new stock. Good Luck anyhow and congrates on the great bike, whichever you wind up with. Not a bad one in the bunch!  ;D

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:29:08 am
The OEM pillion seat is a good option for the $150. 2010 C5s are easily available at discount prices. Congratulations....this will be one fun purchase!
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 07:00:18 am
Congrats! You're gonna love it. As for modifications, that's why I started this post but it seems like others don't want to play. Anyway, here are some ideas for you.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,10991.0.html

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 04:26:34 pm
+1 on JesterNT.  Not too much room to haggle (but try a little) and the 7" halognen headlight is amazing.

Scott

rbelyk

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 04:38:01 pm
 I bought my 2010 C5 3 weeks ago and I got $850 off because it was last years model
so it depends on the dealer and if you like the colors they have in stock.
enjoy!
2010 Maroon Bullet Classic
custom 1953 Triumph

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 06:39:48 pm
You might be able to haggle the price down some. Don't let him fool you, the $150 accessory incentive comes from Enfield as an inducement to sell the 2010s. That isn't costing your dealer anything.
Good luck with the haggling.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Sub

• Bob's Your Uncle
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2010 Black Bullet C5
Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 09:38:53 pm
Yup, thats an enfield thing, not a dealer thing.

If he wont move on price, ask him to throw in a couple oil changes. :)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 10:42:12 pm
Oops!  Didn't realize that it was a 2010.  You've got more bargaining leverage there.  Even though it's the exact same bike all dealerrs like to clear last year's models off the floor even if it means less (or no) profit for them.  Who would buy a year old bike for the same price as a new one?

Scott

Danny2011

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 04:12:55 pm
Hey Dallas,

Congrats on getting your bike! After reading the posts in this thread and the other threads I've been reading,the anticipation is getting to be too much to stand! I'm looking at sometime end of July or early August until I can get one of my own.

Have a great first day out on it!

Danny
08' Triumph Scrambler

"The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps..."

General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946