Author Topic: SF Bay Area RE Ride!  (Read 4831 times)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
on: June 20, 2011, 01:58:42 am
I started a post in Campfire but I thought I would post here too since California doesn't have many old clunker bikes Classic Iron and AVL bikes. ALthough there is a rumor of a drunken Fireball (drinks alcohol) in the North Bay.

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 01:32:25 pm
Hello olhodrider,
           I think it'd be great to get all of the Royal Enfield riders in the San Francisco Bay Area together for a monthly weekend ride. Hell, weekly ! Let's call it " Bay Area Bullet Ride ". I'd like to know how many riders there are, and I'm sure the number is growing as we speak ! I live in Redwood City. How about you other folks ? Looking forward............

olhogrider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:10:42 pm
I think we should have a first ride before we commit to monthly or weekly. We could all turn out to be jerks. Or it might just be you and me. ;)

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:40:47 pm
Hey olhogrider,
        I would think that anybody with the outstanding taste to own a Royal Enfield could not possibly be a jerk ! I'm free the 26th, I'm trying to come up with a common meeting place half way between Concord and Redwood City. Hopefully, others will chime in. I'll be in touch. By the way, how do you like the sound of " Bay Area Bullets " ?

greggers

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:16:17 pm
Hey guys I'm up in Marin, would love to meet up but this weekend (of the 26th) is no good for me. Maybe we can do another sometime after the 4th? (kind of assuming 4th weekend would be hard to coordinate with other plans people may have)

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 12:52:51 am
Hello greggers,
       I try and ride at least one day of each weekend when possible. I'm sure we can hook up anytime after the 4th of July weekend. No problem finding a meeting place, as I'm familiar with S.F. and most of the Northern counties. I'm working on finding a place to meet folks from the East bay  ( olhogrider ) that is convenient for every one. We'll stay in touch. Nice to hear from you.

olhogrider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 02:49:08 am
PS, I am up for a ride on the 26th. Pick a place in Redwood City and I'll try to find it. We can report back to the others. 1Thump is still dialing in his Fireball alcoholic bike. He's up north in Fairfield (I think). Maybe we can take a ride north in July. I have most Saturdays off and some Sundays next month. The 24th is MotoGP in Monterey.

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:14 am
Hey olhogrider,
        I'm thinking that Alices' restaurant in Woodside ( right next to Redwood City ) might be the most logical place to meet. The easiest way for you to get there is take the San Mateo bridge ( Highway 92 ) west until you come to Highway 35 at the top of the mountain range. Head South for about 13 miles and you will come to Alices', also known as " Four Corners ". It is a MAJOR motorcycle hangout and a great starting point for any ride in any direction ! We can have breakfast when you get there, or we can have lunch in Half Moon Bay after a ride to the coast ( weather permitting ). By the way, I'm buying lunch ! My home phone is 650-369-3422. Call me if you need to.......I'm always up for rides North and to Tahoe etc. Looking forward to the 26th. I'll have the only Enfield there until you show up !

greggers

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 07:35:00 pm
Have fun meeting up guys, I look forward to seeing you in July sometime. Weekends are almost always the best for me, I'm a M-F 9-6 kind of worker.
greg

saint45

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 07:57:40 pm
Hey all bay are enfield riders! Im in the east bay and though rarely free on weekends, i'm down for a ride whenever i am free! I think the numbers are growing! ;)

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 01:37:18 am
I'm trying to make Sunday work for me but if I can't make it I'll be out and about on Monday morning.

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 02:09:25 am
Hello Saint 45 & Everyone,
           For those of you who can't get free on the weekends, I work a 9 / 80 schedule, which means that I have every other Friday off. It really is the best time to ride because everyone else is at work and the back roads are pretty much deserted ! My next off Friday is the 1st of July, which is bad because of the 4th, but I have the 15th off etc. I usually ride with some of my co-workers, so it is always a blast ! Saturdays and Sundays are usually available, unless the Spousal Unit has some other plans for me !

olhogrider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 06:13:53 am
Bike died. Came home on a trailer. No meetups for me for a while. >:(

P. Schraub

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 06:25:41 am
Sorry to hear that olhogrider !
        There is a vintage motorcycle & scooter show in Capitola by the beach. It would have been a great ride down the coast. Oh well.......hope you get things fixed and we'll meet up in the near future. I'm always looking forward to a ride with my friends and future new ones.......doesn't matter what kind of bike you ride. I ride a Harley for long distance, the Royal Enfield G5 Deluxe for the back roads, and a Vespa for the city ! Hope you and some other Enfield riders can hook up this summer. Best to you......

Tri750

• Big Al
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 02:02:03 pm
When u guys pick a date, I'll send some RE coffee cups and T-shirts to raffle off.
Buy a raffle ticket for a buck, proceeds to hog riders favorite collection plate or favorite cause.
Sound ok?
or, just divvy them up, I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
 :)
Current bikes:
'71 BMW R75/5 racer
'73 Kaw Z1 racer
'77 Tri 750 Bonneville
'99 BMW R1100RT