Author Topic: Saddle bag ideas  (Read 1206 times)

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
on: June 12, 2011, 03:01:11 pm
I would like to put side saddles on my 2011 C5 Military. At a local Army Navy store I found a bag made in India that looks great and I think will look great. I would like to have them removable at will in case I am travelling and need to stay at a hotel or even to buy some groceries etc. and bring stuff home. I'm thinking of using a universal clip and modifying the shoulder straps to attach over the rebar rail that goes around the rear fender. If and when I get this done I will post a pic on this thread. I'm still waiting for two od green one to come in so I can start this project.
Any others out there that have done something like this please advise and post pics for me to see what you've done.
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 05:50:12 pm
   My understanding of the C5 passenger seat is that it attaches to a subframe addition that goes over the rear fender. You might consider getting that subframe to attach bags: more sturdy,versatile. If I had gotten a C5, I would have done that.

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 05:55:19 pm
I put these on my C5.  I eventually took the right one off as it was sitting too close to the silencer.  Still looks great with just one. 

After only a couple of weeks, expect them to be dirty and discoloured.  Looks awesome!

2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"