Author Topic: New Owner in St Louis  (Read 3612 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 04:37:55 am
We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend Chris. I am stuck in Gallup NM with some car trouble but should be home in time. Should have never bought a car from Government Motors  but who knew?

Slams advice was not bad. I would be cautious about this because at the end of the day he was right. He also could not have  anticipated you running home with a straight pipe
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

REA Member 131

• Scooter
  • I'd rather push my Enfield than ride a Harley
Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 04:51:46 am
Hey Bullfrog,

I just picked up my Royal Enfield (G5 Classic) from Slam on Wednesday. Great guy. This is the fifth Royal Enfield I've purchased from him! I keep going back to Bill because he really takes care of his customers.

I'm just down the road from you in southern Illinois. If you know you're headed this way, fire me a message. Have fun with your new bike, and keep the rubber side down.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:58 pm
We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend Chris. I am stuck in Gallup NM with some car trouble but should be home in time. Should have never bought a car from Government Motors  but who knew?

I just went through some soul searching moments when looking to replace my 10 yo Toyota Tundra. (The best vehicle I have ever owned by the way)
Didn't want to buy a GM or a Dodge because I figured why buy something I already paid for. Ford was the only one that didn't beg for treats from almighty O.
I didn't need a full size truck anymore so I went and looked at a Ranger. Ford offered me 4,750 in rebates but since my head hit the top of the truck when I sat up straight I just couldn't do it. I figured I'd hate it every time I got in it.
I ended up getting another Toyota, a death wish here in the motor city.
Hope you get everything sorted out, sure would be a shame to miss 2 rally's in a row! Especially your own!
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"