Author Topic: New Royal Enfield Owner in Phoenix, AZ  (Read 9987 times)

CoffeeAchiever

• Scooter
on: June 12, 2011, 04:04:52 am
Finally did it - after three years (really, three years!) of lurking on this forum and over six years of tire kicking - I wrote a check today for a new Bullet G5 Deluxe!  I couldn't even ride her home because I didn't own a helmet.  Bought one of those today too.  I'll take delivery of my new bike this coming Tuesday.  

Probably couldn't have picked a worse time of year to buy an air cooled motorcycle.  The weather forecast for Phoenix this week calls for daytime highs in excess of one hundred degrees.  The night time lows won't even dip below eighty degrees by midweek.  Couldn't care less though.  It's been over ten years since I last owned a motorcycle.  To quote Dean Martin, "I couldn't feel any happier or I'd be sick"!

Looking forward to logging some serious miles and making some new motorcycle memories!  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:11:09 am by CoffeeAchiever »
2009 G5 Deluxe "Domino"

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 04:10:17 am
OUTSTANDING! Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 04:30:12 am
Welcome to RE land and the forum! 

That G5 Deluxe is a beautiful (black) motorcycle!  Love the chrome!

A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

CoffeeAchiever

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 04:47:05 am
Agreed!  In fact, I think that ALL Royal Enfield Bullets are beautiful.  All models, all colors!  I really had a difficult time deciding which Bullet to buy. 
2009 G5 Deluxe "Domino"

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:40:29 am
Welcome to the Forum from Phoenix. :)

Did you buy the new  G5 they had in the office at Motorcycle Sales Direct?
I almost  bought it  but I decided to get the 2011 build instead.

Don't worry about the 10 years absence from motorcycles.  I was not riding for 9 years before getting mine 4 weeks ago and the old knowledge comes back real fast as soon as you get astride of the bike and start riding.  ;D

The Royal Enfield is very easy to ride. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 06:32:53 am
Congrats on your Bullet CoffeeAchiever and welcome to the REal world  ;) ;D ;D 8)

Many happy miles to you.

Please do feel free to stick a pin in the rider location map. It need not be your house,,,a local landmark would suffice.

I do believe forum brothers Noisey Milk and Arazoni are within riding distance of Phoenix.  8)

BTW Noisy Milk knows a craft brewery that makes and serves one of the best beers I ever tasted  ;)

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 08:43:51 am
Hiho CoffeeAchiever! Nice bike there, in your garage!
Likeable nick, btw, I for one don´t achieve anything without coffee  ;D
Ride safe
Maturin
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 01:45:34 pm
Probably couldn't have picked a worse time of year to buy an air cooled motorcycle.  The weather forecast for Phoenix this week calls for daytime highs in excess of one hundred degrees.  The night time lows won't even dip below eighty degrees by midweek.

Congratulations on the new ride!

Send some of that weather north, would ya?  I've only had one really good week of riding weather this year, the rest has been wet and cold.  And I came to the sad realization today that the riding season is already half over.   :(
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 05:53:25 pm
  It gets hot in India. Air cooled bikes are designed for it, especially this one. they thrive in high and low heat environs. Good luck!

CoffeeAchiever

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 05:06:22 pm
Glad to hear first hand that Enfield's new engine can handle the heat.  I certainly plan to put it to the test!
2009 G5 Deluxe "Domino"

CoffeeAchiever

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 05:24:28 pm
Congratulations on the new ride!

Send some of that weather north, would ya?  I've only had one really good week of riding weather this year, the rest has been wet and cold.  And I came to the sad realization today that the riding season is already half over.   :(

I'd love to send you some of our desert heat.  All I ask in return is that you send some of your cool down my way.  Oh, you can keep the wet!  ;)
2009 G5 Deluxe "Domino"

CoffeeAchiever

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 05:32:39 pm
Congrats on your Bullet CoffeeAchiever and welcome to the REal world  ;) ;D ;D 8)

Many happy miles to you.

Please do feel free to stick a pin in the rider location map. It need not be your house,,,a local landmark would suffice.

--Done!

I do believe forum brothers Noisey Milk and Arazoni are within riding distance of Phoenix.  8)

--Good to know, thanks for the tip!

BTW Noisy Milk knows a craft brewery that makes and serves one of the best beers I ever tasted  ;)

--Mmmmm, craft beer!!! :)

2009 G5 Deluxe "Domino"

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 04:26:27 am
Congrats on the new ride coffee! Here in Tulsa we're gettin close to hitting the triple digits as well, only difference is it's a wet,sticky nut sack, super humid heat. Bike seems to like it, my underwear sure do not! I'll trade you 10 degrees of that "Dry Heat" for a day of our 90% humidity.

mikesince1974

• Scooter
  • 2010 Bullet Deluxe G5, 1973 Honda CB450 Cafe
Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 06:35:29 am
Congrats!

I've had my G-5 Deluxe for about a month now. Absolutely NO buyers remorse whatsoever!   ;D
Keep the paint up, and the rubber down!  ~Author Unknown

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 07:52:07 am
Congrats on the new ride coffee! Here in Tulsa we're gettin close to hitting the triple digits as well, only difference is it's a wet,sticky nut sack, super humid heat. Bike seems to like it, my underwear sure do not! I'll trade you 10 degrees of that "Dry Heat" for a day of our 90% humidity.

When you wanna peel your skin off an set around in your bones,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know you're in Oklahoma  ;) ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.