Author Topic: Where can I see one  (Read 3136 times)

JimZ

• Neophyte
on: March 01, 2008, 06:46:41 pm
I am still very interested in purchasing an Electra, but ,I would still like to see one and
sit on one first before I put out $5000. 
I live in Massachussetts and the dealer told me he's only ordering bikes for people
who purchase them .  Thats fine but I would at least like to see one first..
but how....

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:02:33 am
Here's the members map:

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/buzz/community-map.html.

None registered in MA that I can see.

Next, try calling the other closest dealers to see if they have Electra's in stock. Probably need to make a trip, but if you want to see one in person, that's the way to do it.

Next best thing to live is the Photo gallery on this site.

Matt

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:12:58 am
luckily the states in that area are so small you can visit several places in a day possibly. Out here in the Northwest There is no way I would be able to visit more than one dealer in a day. But then again I have Vince's out here so I really don't need too!

LJRead

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 01:57:43 am

You are right to want to see one in person.  Only problem is they seem quite impressive to me at least, even better than in the photos.  Better have your checkbook handy (or maybe leave it at home hey?)I'm surprised there are no forum members in your state though.  Might join and ask the same question of the Yahoo Royal Enfield group.

Good luck!

Larry

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 05:23:18 am
    Yeah, I went to Vince's to look at the Royal Enfields, and to test ride one, and I went home with a new 2007 Classic!

Job
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:13:24 pm
My closest dealer had two units on his floor.  One Electra and one red 54.  I went to see them and bought the 65 on the spot. 

I didn't need to ride it since I knew already that it was a sort of slow bike.  I already knew the handling would be supurb.  All I needed to do was sit on it to check the riding position.  As I got up off the seat, I discovered my checkbook in one hand and a pen in the other that was making funny movements like it was writing my name on something.

You really should at least sit on one before you decide.

Here's the rest of the story.  Right after I bought the 65, the dealer let the Electra go to AUCTION.  I probably could have got a better price on the 65.  But I loive the bike and I don't care that much about the price.  I'm just glad to have my machine away from his shop.

2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way