Author Topic: New to Me - 2011 Bullet 500 - Oil Filter P/N and other stupid questions  (Read 8494 times)

RogerRamJet

• Scooter
Stumbled into this just now (https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php/topic,26624.msg304940.html#new).  Life of Brian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python%27s_Life_of_Brian) a bit more complicated than 2011 B5. :)

huh? im slow... but maybe i'll get it eventually. but yea.. this bike is destined to become a hack. odd thing is what seems like a simple and straight forward thing is proving to be a bit more difficult. As in im going to have to fabricate a few more parts than I had thought. Using pics of Cozy's and zooming in on mounting points for them and the  very, very few examples I can find of the Bullet and a Velorex. 

I want to ensure the bike is in tip top shape and learn its idiosyncrasies before adding a chair.  I am one of those that likes to know the bike im riding. wish I could figure out how to post pics here as I would start a thread on the build, but for some reason I just get the "img" tags fore and aft and when I insert the link... no image is returned.. just a big blank space.

anyway thanks again for the info...
-Brian

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
When replying, just go to the bottom of reply box and click on"attachments and other options", then "choose file".

That's one way to do it. ;)

Good luck with the Velorex. I only have my DMC so can't offer much info for you. There are universal kits for the Cozy... Various websites I've seen with fittings but I think you have to tell them which pieces you want. One was a guy in Florida...but I don't recall any more.  ::)

Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Just saw this RE sidecar attaching tutorial on FB;

https://youtu.be/KuWgLFkQNyo

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

RogerRamJet

• Scooter
Just saw this RE sidecar attaching tutorial on FB;

https://youtu.be/KuWgLFkQNyo

Thanks for the link. I found out that there is indeed an Enfield dealer once again in Phoenix. YAY!!!

I went down there yesterday and found that they not only had several bikes in stock, they even had one with a cozy sidecar attached.

While it was 100% relevant, seeing the mounting points and hardware up close and personal, definitely helped.

here is a pic of the new to me Bullet.... anyone think those handlebars seem out of place besides me ?

Mad4Bullets

• Grease Monkey
  • 2014 Classic 500
Yes, the bars do appear just a bit too vertical and their span too wide for the general lines of the bike in my opinion. And we all know what that's worth.  ;D

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
I never liked "ape hangers" so to me those handlebars look totally dumb on a RE.

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Extra width could be handy for sidecar cornering leverage?   ::)

Driving a rig can be quite an upper body wokout!   :P

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
I never liked "ape hangers" so to me those handlebars look totally dumb on a RE.

Those aren't even close to ape hangers (more like buck horns), but yes, they're way out of character for the Enfield and you know the kinds of bikes I've ridden most of my adult life  :) :) ;) ;)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Did someone mention "ape hangers"?   :o
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
My 750 didn't come with those accessories.  But there was a poster in Sonny Angel's workshop of a very flexible young lady.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

RogerRamJet

• Scooter
yea i thought they looked a bit "off"... from what I can tell they likely came from a Thunderbird 500

The bike has a few other "add-on's"... im wondering if the person who bought it new (supposedly I am the 3rd owner) had all of it installed at the dealer. Either way I'm gonna leave them on until the sidecar is mounted and see how I feel about them then. As mentioned the width could come in handy with a sidecar attached. The  rise and pull back though.... fugly.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:36:36 am by RogerRamJet »