HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Difrent look

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 08, 2016, 01:40:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 B5 fork oil change trouble  (Read 260 times)

Richard230

• Grease Monkey
Re: 2011 B5 fork oil change trouble
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 04:29:16 pm »
Thanks for the fork servicing wright-up, Scotty, as linked by pmanaz1973. I would never have figured out how to remove those forks from the bike without that information.  It is much different than anything I have come across before. I guess RE mechanics are born with the knowledge of how to remove those forks and don't require that the information be spelled-out in the factory service manual.  ::) Are the C5 forks the same as the B5 forks as far as the removal and servicing goes?
2011 Royal Enfield B5 500 and 2014 14.2 kWh Zero S

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 09:10:18 pm »
I think it was common knowledge in the day when there were lots of British bikes with nacelles on the front end. 

Pretty much the same, some differences but the pieces go together the same way.  Honestly, almost all Damper rod forks are the same as these.  Take pics as you go so you know how to put it back together later.

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 01:12:02 am »
While I am a former auto mechanic with 32 years experience and something of a maintenance fanatic, there are 3 things I don't do on a motorcycle until problems show up. Fork oil, steering head bearings, and swing arm bearings. I will change the fork oil and the seals when the seals start leaking, I will replace, lube, and adjust the steering head bearings and swingarm bearings when I detect any play in them. I have put 96,000 miles on my Kawasaki Vulcan 750, none of those things have been touched, and I have yet to experience any problems. If I'm going to have to do major disassembly, I'm definitely going to put it back with new bearings, seals, etc. I do not expect the RE to last as long as the Kawasaki, but I'm not riding nearly as much now as I was back in '02 when I bought that. I doubt I'll ever put more than 25,000 on the RE.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best of intentions'