Author Topic: Mamma Grizzley on U.S. History  (Read 2224 times)

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 11:42:22 pm
Not really...

http://conservatives4palin.com/2011/06/governor-palin-gives-the-media-a-history-lesson-on-paul-reveres-midnight-ride.html

If she knew it before reading about it on the tour... Maybe not... As a treat to throw out and show media bias... Yes...      Just like the tea party in 1773 comment...

Journalists study liberal arts more than history me thinks...

BTW ,, yes I am a libertarian political troll type, its the one thing I follow more than REs......
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:31:23 am
If it looks like shit , smells like shit  then its probably........  shit ;D
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:54:06 am
The "Stupid" meme premise kinda irks me.   Just say a persons views suck and move on.  

Both party establishments loath this woman.  Why?   If she was stupid they would not try to parse her every comments,   there might be something else involved.

http://youtu.be/B_NyPlDSzRM?t=1m23s
Here, I hear someone who whats to leave me alone. 
I will give you that her voice is, well annoying.    Stupid, ahh, no.  

http://youtu.be/BRPbCSSXyp0?t=2m18s
Here, I hears someone that is smart and cares.  The problem is that he is fundamentally wrong about human nature and what should be the role of government.  There is no liberty here in his view,  just control and manipulation.   

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. " Benjamin Franklin

Then again,  I lived outside the country for 4 years in the 90s.  When I got back I found I could not stomach 90% of the crap on the network news due to bias.   Have not watched it in 19 years or so (been back 15) and don't plan to start.  

I guess we tend to gravitate towards things that reinforce our individualized world views.    We hear what we want to hear and see what we want to see.  

Sorta like this..

http://theinkblot.com/step_1.htm

But all in the end you might just be right and I am wrong.   All I know is that if things go unchallenged they become the truth, even if I think they are wrong.  
 ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:17:20 pm by The Garbone »
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 12:10:50 pm
  I guess the real problem lies in that the party doesn't try to stop her from the comments.  Has anyone ever given her a 12th grade comprehension test so they know what she knows?  She has that Captain Kirk attitude, you know the one, to boldly go where no man has gone before.  Since I think at times (most) anarchy is best, I'd have a really hard time backing anyone like her..regardless of party.

Look decent in a bikini and carrying a rifle and this is where you land, do you really want someone like this leading a party or country? 
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 12:25:37 pm
To be honest,  I wish there were better choices, its like picking apples from a bin and all of them are rotten.    :P   

Even if she gets elected and brings a bunch of tea party types with her down ticket I have a feeling it is too late.  The collapse may be unstoppable at this point.   

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_ec169697-a19e-525f-a532-81b3df229697.html

Things like this make me think so....We are turning into a nation of men, not of laws...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

Drifter

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 02:05:38 pm
She ran as a VP candidate, along with that comes responsibility to at least get well know facts right about history! I guess she thinks and he seems to be true people that follow her dont care about facts and truth....im here for the the show and she is good at that.!!

Darkside

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 02:31:26 pm
Open mouth insert entire party. Baaaaad case of beauty queen brain.  ;D
NON TIMEBO MALA.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 02:47:59 pm
She ran as a VP candidate, along with that comes responsibility to at least get well know facts right about history! I guess she thinks and he seems to be true people that follow her dont care about facts and truth....im here for the the show and she is good at that.!!

Dude,, what are you talking about??

The Paul Revere was caught by the British the night of his ride and told them that the town folk had been warned and they were not going to succeed..   One account was that when the bells started the Brits got nervous and he told them they were all dead men.  They got scared and let him go.

Your thinking of the Longfellow poem... Its a poem dude, not history..  That's like saying the movie "Pearl Harbor" is how it happened.  Sorry, even if its good (that movie is not)  it is not how it happened...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 03:56:35 pm
I'm not worried about any of this..we have a full year ahead of us before this thing heats up..Why get in a dither about it now...Alot will happen between now and then....I 'm figuring  the incumbent will win  but the senate will collapse on him like the house and it will be business as usual with the Republicans dictating terms to the democratic President (almost that way now) ..That stated his only alternative will be to veto, we hear more lip service from his spokesperson and more foreign getway trips to see the world especially in the last year..That;s the usual program sheet...You'll see...
Sarah Palin is window dressing...Nice woman, attractive, looks great on a bike or wearing leather and a whip (like in the avengers series)...Paul Revere ride..don't know...I wasn't there, what nonsense are they making up now..Who gives a rat ass anyway on who said the "British are coming"..It was probably the bar maid at the local tavern making a few extra bucks.., Now if you talking about the British Invasion of the 60's.. That's good Austin Powers material baby...;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

Drifter

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 06:11:35 pm
GM, i agree most  all of the players...will change by next year. I do not believe the hot babe will go away either to much camera time and money to be made books to sell, movies etc.....

I do like watching her walk..pretty face nice tits, cute butt hard not to watch. What happened to the swim suit pics of her in the beauty contest anyway?

Most everything she says about history is wrong, and if you actually listen, i tried and she makes as much sense as a 10 year old does...maybe. Can you imagine having to listen to her for an entire day.......or 4 YEARS........

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 06:28:43 pm
"I get the news I need from the weather report." Paul Simon

And why do they play this song in a commercial for some car doing doughnuts in the desert?

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 01:07:10 am
drifer:  yeah she looks great...u have a point about that mouth for 4 years...another part of the equation that needs to be factored in...good catch..
Oh Magoo you done it again

StephenCB

• Bulleteer
  • I finally own one!
Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 09:14:50 pm
Yea, and it was so dumb during the last presidential election when she said that, so far, she had visited 57 of the states with a few more to go.

Oh wait, that wasn't her.

::)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 10:57:45 pm
 :D :D :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association