Author Topic: Flat Tire  (Read 6342 times)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 03:12:03 pm
I thought the video from twinokc was good...I got to get more tire iron too...Ice had a good thought on breaking the bead to the deepest part of the channel and attacking it from the opposite side...I head talcum or corn starch is good for putting the new tires on..The video showed the fellow putting rubber tape at various right angles that he was going to place the levers and not scratch his rims...Thought that is something I want to remember...He mentions that he stop the video for the actual removal and install of the new tube and tire...He leaves that up to your imagination..No swearing allowed, rated G  ;D.
Oh Magoo you done it again

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 09:58:24 pm
Gentlemen, that´s a challenge! And changing the damned rubbers will save a lot of cash aswell, as ordering tires in the net will cost about 20% less! In case you want the wheels to be balanced, you can still carry them to a workshop.
It feels much better to ride a homemade wheel  ;)
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

SimonT

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 11:09:18 pm
Well... i did it....
I think it took me over 3hours though... and its not a fun job in the slightest...

i think the hardest bit was getting the tire back on... that last little bit was a killer...

thanks for all the tips guys... and next time, time permitting, ill be getting a shop to do it :p

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 12:00:19 am
is it that bad...did u change out a low profile 18 inch tire or r we talking about the 19 inch tires with oem  avons...seems like some people r saying its hell and others it's no big deal...

SimonT

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 12:12:13 am
Its a C5... so 18"...with the Avon road riders i hink.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:13:16 am
Low profile, man those things area pain to change :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 12:36:26 am
that explains it..so many bikes and tire combos...thanks

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 06:27:28 pm
Always use talc in a tubed tire. It keeps the tube from abrading against the tire and wearing itself out. Tubes can be reused many times, unless holed by some external force. Then they can be patched if you are good at that. Those that get pinched in the R&R process are probably shot!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com