Author Topic: Dyno run  (Read 1501 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:17 pm
I took the G5 in for a dyno run, the results are attached.
The bike is a 2011 with the English EFI silencer from Nfieldgear, and K&N Filter from DouglasMoto. It has 1550 miles on it. Mickey adjust the idle mixture, but not the speed. I have to slow it down a bit now. He made two runs with it, with no changes between them. The second was probably a bit hotter, The curves were very similar to the earlier posted dyno runs, but this one wasn't as rich, possibly due to the filter. It's a DynoJet dyno.
Since I never had a previous run to compare the mods to, it's impossible to determine the real effects of the options.
Bare
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:06:03 pm by barenekd »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:37:14 pm
NIce, thanks.  The peak HP and Torque is a little lower than my C5's.  The Air/Fuel mix has a bigger deviation with some (mostly lower rpm) into the lean range. 

Is the K&N air filter from DouglasMoto the same as for the C5? 
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 12:04:19 am
Art says they will fit the C5. You have to squeeze it a bit to clear the rubber ring on the C5 intake hole, but it's a round filter, so not a problem.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:39:26 am
Prof_stack, I have an extra S&B cone filter that bolts right up to the throttle body.  I took mine off because the initial tests showed a drop in mpg but there was more pep.  I have to do some more testing when I get time.  Anyway, if you want one to run on the dyno I'll donate mine to the cause.  Just pm me your address.

Scott