Author Topic: What Is It?  (Read 2786 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: May 31, 2011, 10:21:26 pm
     In the box with a recent order from NField Gear was this thing I didn't order.

What is it & does anybody want it?

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:22:56 am
My guess is that it is a catalog....    ;D

No idea....
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 01:25:37 am
    In the box with a recent order from NField Gear was this thing I didn't order.

What is it & does anybody want it?

tooseevee,

I think it's the sleeve that keeps the exhaust valve opens for the decompressor on a AVL engine.  I took the decompressor works off my AVL.  Did not use it.

Cheers,
Bill  

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 03:34:34 am
tooseevee,

I think it's the sleeve that keeps the exhaust valve opens for the decompressor on a AVL engine.  I took the decompressor works off my AVL.  Did not use it.

Cheers,
Bill  

That makes sense. Maybe it's slightly modified for use with those special cupped adjusters. I'll see when I do the valves for the first time.

Thanks.

Maybe they should mention this part in the blurb for the adjusters.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 04:28:19 am
Its a muffler bearing,,,,,Part # ZZ0ICU812
No matter where you go, there, you are.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 01:23:21 pm
Its a muffler bearing,,,,,Part # ZZ0ICU812

Are you shuuuuuurrrr....? I'd hate to put the wrong ones in when mine start squeeking.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 04:49:35 pm
We used to laugh at muffler bearings and left-handed monkey wrenches. At the airport you could send the new kid for a bucket of prop wash.

When I installed a trailer hitch on Wife's 2011 Ford Escape, I found a spring loaded muffler bearing. Undo the rubber hanger and swing the muffler out of the way. No need to unbolt.

Now where did I put that prop wash?