Author Topic: why scoff at Enfield's?  (Read 2932 times)

donatelos

• Scooter
on: May 23, 2011, 04:01:02 pm
had a cracking ride out with a mate Sunday to our destination of Abergaveny a biker hang out ,not my scene really but the ancient power rangers barely able to walk in they're all in one leathers make me smile,   over some great mountain roads where your shifting at a mere 60mph due to tight bends etc, well noticed  two rice rockets behind for quite awhile they sped up close on straights then dropped behind on the twists Finlay over taking a mile at most from destination. When parked up I overheard one of these guy's (recognised his bike and leathers) taking the p..s out of the Bullet's yet they only arrived about a minute before us over roughly 15ml so why was he scoffing?
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:29 pm
................    When parked up I overheard one of these guy's (recognised his bike and leathers) taking the p..s out of the Bullet's yet they only arrived about a minute before us over roughly 15ml so why was he scoffing?

Don:

They are jealous  ;D !

1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 05:06:22 pm
You generally find that your boy racer can only go fast in a straight line - whether on two or four wheels.....
Plenty of mouth - not much bottle....   ;)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 05:26:06 pm
Like we don't sit around here scoffing at other bikes? ;)

Anyone with that much more power than you who couldn't pass you in a turn should get some track school in before riding that thing any father.  I'm not a terriblly good rider but have passed people with twice the horsepower I had.  I've had people with less power than me blow past like I was standing still, and on the outside of a curve no less!  That cat was fast!  Motorcycles are fast in a straight line, riders are fast in a corner.

Next time just pull to the side and wave them by.  You'll have a more pleasant ride without that incessant buzzing behind you and they'll think they're way faster than they really are.  Win-win. :D

Scott
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:02:31 pm by Ducati Scotty »

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:46:50 pm

Next time just pull to the side and wave them by.  You'll have a more pleasant ride without that incessant buzzing behind you and they'll think they're way faster than they really are.  Win-win. :D

Scott

Perfect! A very wise head you have, sir!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 08:53:59 pm
Anyone with that much more power than you who couldn't pass you in a turn should get some track school in before riding that thing any father.

Couldn't have  said it better...
Oh Magoo you done it again

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 03:02:15 pm
Pass in the tiurns?  It sounds like they couldn't pass in the straights! (uh- not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Mighty warriors are a lot like old bikes;  when full of oil, they just blow it out the vent tube until they reach a level they're comfortable with.  If you ever want to scare the whoee out of one, offer to race for pink slips.   Step back to avoid the puddle.
Run what ya brung

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 04:19:04 pm
I'm able to out ride many folks in the twistys. Yes, even with an Enfield.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 06:32:35 pm
Mighty warriors are a lot like old bikes;  when full of oil, they just blow it out the vent tube until they reach a level they're comfortable with.

I like that comment..applicable for most things...
Oh Magoo you done it again

britishbyproxy

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 01:03:55 am
Did a track day at Brands Hatch in 2006 on my near-stock Triumph Bonneville. I went in the slow group because of the bike making 50bhp, but I shouldn't have bothered.

I managed to lap an Aprilia RSV1000 and had a particularly good time showing up a guy on a CBR600. He'd pass me in straights, I'd pass him in corners; boot out, flat track style!

He got so aggravated that he eventually made a particularly stupid overtake, wound up taking out my front end, and got black flagged. 1 highside and 3 cracked ribs later, we both knew the truth; it's the rider, not the bike.
No, I don't ride a Harley; I like motorcycles.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 05:18:05 pm
He'd pass me in straights, I'd pass him in corners; boot out, flat track style!

Now that's known as Rossi (Valentino) style. ;)