HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

G5 almost mine!

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 03, 2015, 04:03:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum update and moving  (Read 101 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
Forum update and moving
« on: July 21, 2015, 08:36:54 pm »
We are making a major update and moving the software platform that the forum runs on. This will happen within the next couple of days.

The forum has grown so large that it has been a huge undertaking, but we are ready to  have brother Rhett our web savant “throw the switch”. He hasn't slept in a week getting this together so lets hope he is not so toasty that too many things go wrong. Hopefully there are only two things that you will notice.

First, we are consolidating the web names that we use (we have about 15 or more related to RE) and will now be using www.classicmotorworks.com for the forum. This should be transparent to you since we think we have all of the “redirects” in place.

Secondly, If you have your browser set up to memorize your password you may have to do it again.

If anything goes wrong of a substantial nature I will then publish Rhetts’ personal phone number on the forum and you can keep him up for another week. We are well aware that the forum keeps many of you safe in your parents basement and promise not to disrupt your lives any longer than needed. (No kidding, you should see the phones light up when the forum goes down).
Best,
Kevin

Brother Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Re: Forum update and moving
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 06:27:02 pm »
Well, there was definitely a lot to move but the maintenance windows for forum users (for those of you that even managed to catch us during one) are all finished now. Everything has been up and running after the move for a little while and everything seems to be going swell.

Let us know if you have any issues and we'll take a look for you.

What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?