Author Topic: R/E patol trike  (Read 24469 times)

allan39

• Scooter
on: July 21, 2007, 01:15:30 am
Does anyone have any knowledge on the Royal Enfield Indian patrol trike I believe I have found a 350 motor from such a unit, it is presently an operational static display with our CVMG (Canadiabn Vintage Motorcycle group) here in Ontario, it is in excellent running shape but the only ID # I can find on the cases is 938  and I also believe it has the reverse gear! a amal Monobloc 276-002 and a cast barrel and headI do have pictures but an unsure as to how i can insert them with this text but anyone who is interested can contact me thru allan_em_2002@hotmail.com
I have been told it is a 1959 model but i need confirmation on that, regards Allan

[old attachment deleted by admin]

250J

• Neophyte
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 11:29:31 pm
If you have not yet, talk to George if he has time, at the Enfield Dealership Helm's Cycle, in Minnesota, he Knows somethings about the patrol car, don't know how much about it, but somethings, you'll see.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 11:43:51 pm
I think George Helm actually helped Indian develop that bike. Give him a call, he is a great guy and forgotten more than I will ever know
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

justin_o_guy

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 06:17:10 am
Well, I dont know anything about any trikes or anything like that, but next time my bike braks down i am not saying its busted. I am just gonna call it a "Static display" & act like it;s all cool!

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 08:05:19 pm
 ;D ;D ;D
Like it Justin!!!!
A static display it shall be then by the side of the Highway/road/dirt track etc
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

rick

• Neophyte
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 11:29:07 pm
Allan, I have a complete indian enfield trike. Motor #G 604 tran #hdy 859.Please send info and price on motor. thanks Rick.  ;sisco_sporster@yahoo.com ,

anthony

• Neophyte
Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 08:02:11 pm
[allan or anyone I have a patrol trike that is being rebuilt as we speak.I also have two
original frames for the trike. It almost seems these trikes never existed by the amount of
information out there.Someone HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 07:21:58 pm
Call George Helm
Helm Cycle10639 100th Ave
Milaca, MN 56353
Phone: 320-369-4343
He knows quite a bit about these - in fact maybe more than anyone who is still alive. It will be worth your while
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 04:17:21 am
Now I must insist that you call George. I talked to him today and by golly he has a trike in his shop at present. It won't be there for long as it belongs to someone else, but get on the stick.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 11:04:49 am
I would love one of those rigs..  I am in to unusual things.. Trikes just do it for me.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 11:58:44 pm
The Indian Patrol car was an idea in step with the venerable Harley Davidson 45 G Model Servicar trike. The Indian version was a collaberation of Royal Enfield and Pashley Cycle Co. Pashley was a builder of three wheeled bicycles then and still is to this day, although I doubt if anybody there remembers the Patrol Car. The frame and some of the rear end parts were made by Pashley and the engine, transmission, motorcycle related sheet metal, & front end were all made by Royal Enfield.

I don't think Indian Sales Corp sold nearly as many as what HD sold with there servicar line back in the late 50s but there are still a few of these old beasties out there. George Helm probably knows where several of them are. Phil at www.re-indian.com has one that he has been slowly rebuilding too.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:44:28 pm by rotorwrench »

larry isaacs

• Neophyte
Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 04:06:11 pm
I have a complete albeit non running patrol car. I have been in touch with George Helm and while he has forgotten more about R/E than any ten people, the patrol car was not some thing he spent a lot of time with.
My questions are as follows: Where was the vin number located on the frame if it existed at all?
What size battery was used? Was the utility boxed lined, if so with what.
Although my machine is complete the orginal box was removed in favor of a passenger seat, the orginal box was removed and stored. The floor of the box is there,but it looks like a liner should have been in the box, yes/no. ???

Ron

• Neophyte
Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 02:53:59 am
Attached is a photo that I received lately - the lady on the bike is my mother and we believe this photo was taken c 1953 as indicated by the licence plate on the bike.  Any thoughts as to the vintage of this particular bike?  None of us in the family recall much about the bike - but we were thrilled to get this photo and curious to discover a bit more about the bike.  This may then give us a clue as to where the bike came from.  Any replies welcome -  thanks for your help! 

ronc123@sympatico.ca

[old attachment deleted by admin]

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 04:06:32 pm
Attached is a photo that I received lately - the lady on the bike is my mother and we believe this photo was taken c 1953 as indicated by the licence plate on the bike.  Any thoughts as to the vintage of this particular bike?  None of us in the family recall much about the bike - but we were thrilled to get this photo and curious to discover a bit more about the bike.  This may then give us a clue as to where the bike came from.  Any replies welcome -  thanks for your help! 

ronc123@sympatico.ca

That bike appears to be a Sunbeam. I know very little about them but they were an in-line engine layout with shaft drive like a BMW of that era

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 04:26:01 pm
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"