Author Topic: How many sidecar riders are here?  (Read 6112 times)

Anthonyof Erin

• Scooter
on: May 14, 2011, 02:18:43 am
Hey All Have not got my "rig" back from the shop yet and know I am missing some beautie weather but wanted to know how many out there are side car riders and Why? And do not come back with "why not".
Later
Anthony of Erin

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 05:30:26 am
Not yet.  My boy is only 17 months old.  But I did buy a C5 because it's easy to add a sidecar and plan to do it when he gets a little older.

Scott

chukzelda

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 09:51:38 am
Hi,

I got my 2008 Bullet with Sidecar 3 weeks ago and am using it for my daily commuter.  I got it as my daughter was excited about being able to go out with me.  We live a few miles outside of a small town in the country.  As any Dad can attest to, kids have lots of activities and errands they need to attend.  Now I'm more then happy to motor her to any of these and she's just estatic to ride in the sidecar.  She has her own helmet/armored jacket as safety comes first with me.

I haven't stopped smiling in 3 weeks.  Not sure if this side-effect will wear off.....

Chuk

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 01:01:36 pm
I havent gotten my hack yet but will soon. Three reasons, added stabiltiy for year round riding, ability to haul four legged passengers (two Irish Bulldogs), and the wow factor.  ;)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 01:21:49 pm
 ;D

A sidehack is a wonderful thing...So says my dog..

:D

I have a solo also,  as the two are completely different animals, but both are good..

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:04:58 pm by The Garbone »
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:38 pm
WOULD love one - can u guys that have them comment on the difference in riding and cornering with the side car attached.
Dr B

Anthonyof Erin

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 02:13:36 am
Hey All , thanks for the responces,Still haven't got my rig back yet!!! ??? The weather here has turned a wee bit sour so a little easier to take its absence. Me thinks the shop duth not have a lot of experience installing chairs on RE's just yet (new dealer).
Can anybody give me some numbers on "lean and toe in" as applied to your bikes as I feel they're still messen with this. I raised the point re a tac for my C5 a while back as in looking for one and came upon a member pic that showed he installed one ,however I canot seem to find that bike and think his name was possible Jake in Texas.(don't even know if it was a C5). Any help would be bonus. Anybody install the bar end mirrors from Nfield, look kinda cool.would like some feed back on them.
Take care all.
Anthony of Erin

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 02:51:26 am
WOULD love one - can u guys that have them comment on the difference in riding and cornering with the side car attached.

You drive a hack,  it goes were you want it through muscle and will.  You get accustomed to the yaw aspect and the working through turns.   

Anthony.   

I installed my hack myself using the instructions here...

http://www.cyclesidecar.com/Guides/alignment.html

Tire pressures are important...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 04:25:37 pm
Try unbolting one of the front wheels on your car, then take it for a spin around the block. If you don't hit anything you are qualified to drive a sidecar.  ;D

Naw, really they look like a lot of fun. I just don't think I would like all the attention.

Ok, I was kidding about that too. Riding an RE is like being in a one man parade! I can't imagine what it would be like with a sidecar.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 04:31:21 pm
Try unbolting one of the front wheels on your car, then take it for a spin around the block. If you don't hit anything you are qualified to drive a sidecar.  ;D

Naw, really they look like a lot of fun. I just don't think I would like all the attention.

Ok, I was kidding about that too. Riding an RE is like being in a one man parade! I can't imagine what it would be like with a sidecar.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 04:52:58 pm

It is a one vehicle parade.  Lots of people wave.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

Anthonyof Erin

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 01:29:06 am
Thanks ,Garbone ,and exactly how long did it take to" dial in" the alignment. With these slide type adjuster arms it really seems hit or miss as opposed to a threaded style of adjustment arm?

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 02:30:10 am
Anthonyof Erin,

I drive a hack.  I love wrestling the beast every moment I'm driving.  It keeps me in shape.  It's FUN and my Pit Bulls like it too.  ;)

Cheers,
Bill
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:42:14 am by Bill Harris »

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 02:58:48 am
bill, nice hack, the dog appears to be sitting like its just another day in the park...is it a Rhodesian ridgeback or a mix breed..hard to tell on the side view? u do look in good shape...cheers
Oh Magoo you done it again

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 03:36:06 am
GreenMachine,

He's an American Pit Bull Terrier and a champion in Conformation and a Ace in Weight Pulling with the American Dog Breeders Association.

Cheers,
Bill