Author Topic: Perla.....  (Read 7789 times)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:48 pm
hopefully someone here can buy it...
Oh Magoo you done it again

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 10:29:22 pm
Ok ....the bad news guys....

Perla is not running.

Cabo took her in to have a weep at the head fixed and look for a slight rattle....long story short....the bushing apprears to be going in the lower end.

This happened as Cabo started the Chemo......he was thinking FireBall when he got this news from Randy @ British and American his local shop.

Obviously his attention was elsewhere and Randy still has Perla in the shop.

Graciela and Ben (son in law) thought I knew........

So I need to see if they want to sell her as is or put her back together then sell her....

I will let you know.
BigDon
REA #73
08 RE Classic, the last of the Iron Barrel Bikes.(FireBall!)
05 Suzuki DRZ 400, for haulin' xxx in the woods!
09 BMW R1200GSA for a change of pace!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 10:40:09 pm
thanks..keep us informed on the progress and what's the bottom line to get it back together and running..cheers

DNash

• Idiot
  • Bulleteer
  • '01 Military - "Rocinante"
Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 10:42:18 pm
It is hard to put a price on his bike knowing how much he loved it.

If I purchased it I probably would raffle it off with the proceeds going toward cancer research.   If I knew how to run a successful raffle.

I think this is brilliant. What if the REA pooled resources to buy Perla, then ran a raffle, with proceeds going to cancer research? Surely the REA could muster the know-how (and, with enough people getting the word out, could probably build up a pretty hefty sum to donate).

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 05:09:11 am
Pretty sad,aint it?We really put our hearts into one thing or another,die and there it sits.A man's dream,deserted.It is not the machine it is the loss of an individual who had a real life and lived it well.A man without dreams and aspirations on some level leaves not so much behind.Perla is lucky to have had a fine owner and I hope this happens again,but not for the machine.For the respectful memory of our departed friend.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 05:14:38 am
good words Man, I would be proud to have Perla hang out around the rest of my rides in the garage.;

Papa Juan was so very special here and with those at home he loved

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 06:22:57 am
Guys, I am truly sorry about y'all loosing your friend. While looking at the pictures of Perla on the site and seeing your comments to Cabo about the time and dedication he lavished on the bike, it is obvious that many of you were close to him. More so than just members of the same forum or chat buddies. His responses to all your praise is what touched me the most though. Any time one of you commented on something special he had done to Perla, he thanked you for the compliment and you can tell that your appreciation of his hard work meant allot to him. I wont pretend that I knew him, but even so I mourn his loss because it is obvious that he was one of a kind, much like his beautiful bike. I wish I had met him.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 12:52:00 pm
Pretty sad,aint it?We really put our hearts into one thing or another,die and there it sits.A man's dream,deserted.It is not the machine it is the loss of an individual who had a real life and lived it well.A man without dreams and aspirations on some level leaves not so much behind.Perla is lucky to have had a fine owner and I hope this happens again,but not for the machine.For the respectful memory of our departed friend.

Said better than I could ever hope to...

Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 04:28:13 pm
i'm glad you wrote that...i don;t feel like arguing about anything today...i'm feeling sad about our friend and you story made me feel blue....its sunday and i think i'll go on a ride if the weather permits and think about whats important...

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 05:37:14 pm
Hey,G.M.,life is good.ok? We have our losses and that is for sure but the the sun is always shining somewhere and our turn will come.If you cannot ride,polish.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 05:55:09 pm
he was always a upbeat guy and the type of guy who  seem to be able to look beyond the BS and put a smile on everyone face with his WOWZA Baby...He appeared to be a charming fellow who ruled with a silk glove/the opposite of me...He could disarm me with a few syllables and I would be Happy about it...I would have like to known him in person...i hope his bike stay with someone here on the board or a family member.

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 11:10:31 pm
Ok

Ben and Grace have decided to sell Perla as is......and not rebuild.

A link to a post about the particulars is below...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AcePerformanceBullets/message/1609

Thanks all
BigDon
REA #73
08 RE Classic, the last of the Iron Barrel Bikes.(FireBall!)
05 Suzuki DRZ 400, for haulin' xxx in the woods!
09 BMW R1200GSA for a change of pace!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 01:37:07 am
Man that price is too low! Even with the work it needs. Well, I hope that one of you guys wind up with it. The pictures of her I'm sure don't do justice.

Some of the earlier ideas were very cool, like a benefit raffle or something.

I'm just saying that for that price, I'd push her down the street flintstone style and still look like a million bucks.

I'm absolutely sure that with the community of friends on here, one of you guys are gonna pick her up and treat her well. When that happens, I would sure like to know where she lands. Would definitely be on my list of things to stop by and see if I was ever riding through.

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 12:42:39 pm
Man that price is too low!

I don't know what that year/model tends to go for down there as a rule, but it does seem low. 
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 01:47:57 pm
I paid $1500 for my 95' a few years ago but I do think the days of sub $2000 irons are starting to fade,  mostly thanks to Ace.

$2000 for that bike is a good deal, I would pick it up but as it is I have a few too many irons in the fire already.   Pardon the pun...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *