Author Topic: Tips on buying a B5 in Michigan.  (Read 1752 times)

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
on: May 12, 2011, 05:37:06 pm
I am seriously considering trading my Iron Barrel for a new B5.We have three dealers in the state,and the two with websites don't show any B5's in stock(or much of anything else for that matter) ,any suggestions?
Robert & REnfield in SE Mich.
PS. i hate to part with REnfield,but the B5 looks like the dog's bollocks.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:49:27 pm
Call the dealers, see if any of them have the B5 on the way.

Scott

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 06:08:01 pm
Ditto for Scotty. They are in short supply. I show one that went to the dealer in Hastings. We have a couple left in the CA warehouse. we can ship to a dealer if they order one. The only difference is a Charcoal canister to capture petrol tank vapors. The rest of the bike including ECE etc. are the same. Performance is the same.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:28:17 pm
Keven:
I'm pleased to hear you say that about the California models.

As you may know, I'm having a G5 shipped from California and one of my questions to the dealer asked about the differences.  My concern was that revised computer maps might have been used to meet California's restrictive emission requirements.

Before ordering the bike, he asked someone about this and then told me exactly what you said, that is, the addition of a charcoal canister is the only difference with the California legal bikes.

While I have total faith in my dealer, your comment removed any lingering doubt I might have had.

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 06:57:59 pm
Thanks for the reply Kevin.I will call the hastings dealer and see if they have one.I am one of these people that must sample before i buy,i intend to ride this bike as long as i am able.Now i just have to talk to the other half. ::) ::) ::) ::)
Robert.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:01:20 pm
Talk to the other half? It's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 09:21:40 pm
yeah roverman..pointing that wavey hand at all of us..get with the program and shape the hell up......know go ask your wife and let us know what she says..... ::)
Oh Magoo you done it again

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 09:33:24 pm
Thanks GreenMachine,yeah I'll get the Godhead,but the poor thing is sick right now and i still have to make up for mothers day! ::) ::) ::)

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 09:34:51 pm
Sorry man, my spellum check mite be brokded.

britishbyproxy

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 06:17:06 am
My California B5 ran fine with the canister system in place, but it was very easy to remove and runs fine without it...theoretically....officer.  ;D
No, I don't ride a Harley; I like motorcycles.