Author Topic: National Debt  (Read 2638 times)

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 01:35:23 am
joe: ..same old regurgitated baby food.. the case of the have and have nots...like that hasn't been part of ourhistorica l pas or futuret...if u r not willing to pare back heavily on foreign miscues, immigration reform or enforcement of current regulations , why bother getting all worked up on political debate on a redistribution of wealth scenario...u have to accept that the washington political landscape is what it is and their is nothing going to change it unless u vote a third party to power. obama is not the answer and neither was bush...to me its the same old nonsense with a variation of policy but the same bottom line result for most people..
Oh Magoo you done it again

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 02:33:39 am
If you think Ron Paul is the answer, I've got a bridge to sell you.

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 05:23:55 pm
back in the 20s two brothers tried to streighten the kickapoo river by hooking a team of horses at each end.trying to pull it stright. you have about the same chance at streightening out those snakes in washington

2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 05:42:04 pm
Ouch!

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 07:16:07 pm
Joe..Joe,..the one man mud slinging show.....whatta  ya know? la lal la...

Maybe put that to music. ;)

Speaking of music,... I haven't heard from Scotty since the Great Flood.

Anyone know anything about him?
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:04:57 am

You've had a bridge to sell us since the day you walked in here.
So, what's new?
Home of the Fireball 535 !

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 03:17:51 am
 the  sleeper has awaken...

MDLNB

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 02:18:08 am

Anyone is better than what we have in there now. I'll vote for the one that wins the primary.  I've already had enough of that radical ideologue we have right now. The best thing he has done for us is to spend most of his time at the golf course or playing basketball.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 02:26:14 am
I'm with you on that, who ever gets the nomination will get my vote.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 02:34:25 am
he's not that good at b ball..he got a fat lip last time...i did a head fake and he went up and then i caught him on his way down...told him i was sorry...oh the ball went in and i went to the line and made it a 3 point play...he threw in the towel and game was over..he intially  wanted a handicap, something about him being a democrat and me a republican.....i told him i was actually a independent last election, being a nice guy i spotted him 4 points..we were playing i make he takes it...just to let you know their was transparency and plenty of networking involved. i had a great time .It was educational for him.....then i woke up and took my morning pee... ;D

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 04:59:12 am
"Radical ideologue?"  I'd call him pretty f'ing middle of the road.  Of course, I find many (not all) people who think he's a "radical ideologue" to be "mindless ideologues."   :-*  Some of us see things dramatically different.  You say tomato, I say potato.   :o

Now i feel like a baked potato!

Eamon
Eamon

MDLNB

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 02:10:10 pm
No, examples of middle of the road are McCain and Graham. When they sit on the "compromise" fence, that's middle of the road. Obie is not even a closet radical. He is blatantly radical, with his redistribution of wealth, socialized medicine, expansion of public sector employment, gov controlled banks, Wall St, Oil, automotive industry, and even trying to dictate and restrict our diet. If that ain't radical, then America is not a Free country.

We can't drill for oil, but we can GIVE Brazil billions to for off shore drilling. Am I disgruntled? Maybe I just hate to see what we have worked so hard for, go down the tube for wasteful "entitlements" and "social justice." 

That ain't a soapbox I am standing on. It's a Bullet.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 05:40:19 pm
i voted for Paul last time because he was screaming about this national debt problem before it really shot through the roof...he's in the republican party but not mainstream...so what is he?  Some suggests that he's  a tea partier.. but that sounds ultra Conservative to me .  He doesn't appear to be that way except in some fiscal and foreign policies but the media like to paint the picture that satisfies their hunger..i voted for him in the primaries because i like some of his ideas and he kept pounding the message that we will continue to pay for overseas adventures and the costs associated with them if we continue to play business as usual...He did develop a large internet crowd at the time and I don't think it was for lack of money that he lost in the primaries......I'm voting for him again unless someone else comes to the plate with the same or better honest broker approach that can get us steered on some kind of even course...We'll see if third time is the charm..

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 06:10:58 pm
Bob is right, the snake pit in Washington will always be that way. A third party while tempting (and probably temporarily helpful) will only put more snakes in the pit.

We the people have allowed this mess to happen and we can fix it. the problem is that the politicians have stacked the deck to keep themselves in power so steeply that the task can only be accomplished by a total clean out of DC. Not going to happen in my lifetime.

The idea that the Federal Govt. needs more revenue makes me laugh out loud. Who comes up with these ideas?

As a wise man (Dennis Miller) once said, "I don't mind paying for the helpless, just not the clueless"

Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

MDLNB

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 10:03:25 pm
I agree with you Kevin. A third party would be a temporary solution at best.

I do believe that what we need is strict term limits. If these politicians knew they had no career in their position, maybe they would be less inclined to coddle and pass bills and earmarks just to garner more votes.

Maybe we should have a lottery system for positions in the gov.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 02:11:24 am
The sad truth is that with a random lottery we couldn't do any worse. It was always meant to be a citizen legislature.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 02:33:33 am
a temp solution is better than no solution..sometimes temp solution lead to a better permanent solution..yeah i know 3rd parties don't make it in this country..i wouldn't be surprise if Paul runs under the Republican ticket either...never heard of  a lottery for office..novel but not possible under the Constitution.. ???