Author Topic: The Silver Bullet gets weighed and goes for test run  (Read 6345 times)

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 11:53:27 pm
Hi Guys,
 just a reminder, I can get more 'S' cams made, if the demand is there. They are not cheap and I need a minimum order for a batch, but they really do the biz. My profit margin is a couple of pints up the local, that is all. Over to you ...
 B.W.

EnfieldJake

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 07:49:37 pm
Hi Guys,
 just a reminder, I can get more 'S' cams made, if the demand is there.
 B.W.

What do you need from us to get the ball rolling again for the "S" Cams? I'm still VERY interested.
Jake

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 11:03:48 pm
My biggest problem is the outlay for the minimum order of six sets. With the first batch, I had three U.K. customers who paid up front and on the strength of that, I went ahead and placed the order. This time, I have had several people tell me they are interested, but I am still weighing up whether it's time to place an order just yet.
 B.W.

Mitch

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 02:07:03 am
At Wilkeson... someone asked about Boneville.  I have always been asking any of my friends to come along... so I will extend it to all interested parties.  I have room for One Team Member this year as my gear will be in the back seat of my Colorado crew cab, and the Silver Bullet will be in the back.  Next year I am planning on getting a torneau cover, so all the gear will go in the back and I can trailer 2 bikes... Ol' Silver is ready to run...

This will be my 2nd year...anyone interested send a PM...
Mitch
PS I hope to do at least 85mph this year, we will see.  Weight savings come from removing, gas tank, fenders, side covers, tools and tool box, I am runing with 1.5 gallon aluminum tank and aluminum fenders...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:17:44 am by Mitch »

Mitch

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 09:47:43 pm
UPDATE: Just talked with my friend in Boise, ID. I will be driving from Kent, WA to Boise, ID on Sunday (500 miles).  Made resevations at Motel 6 in Wendover, UT. Monday, plan to drive from Boise and go straight to the Salt (300 miles). I will set up and go though Tech Insp, then to Motel to check in. Then back to Salt to check on ride condition and apparent elevation. Although Bonneville is 4500 ft elevation I was told the atmosphic conditions will make it effectivley between 7000 and 11000 ft! Plan to do my Speed Runs in the morning! First Speed Run will be Tuesday morning!

They say Bonneville is the most difficult place in the world to break records... Last year 80.112mph was my speed.  Guys told me that was good for my first time on the Salt.  I made a few changes for this years attempt!

I will be taking camera and laptop this year so hope to give updates each day!

Mitch
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:05:37 pm by Mitch »

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 10:03:42 pm
FYI: BW also designed an ignition box for the electra.

Mitch

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 10:06:58 pm
OKAY THEN  :)

My shopping list is getting longer for 2013!!!

Mitch

PS Just reading though the posts... there's one about louder exhaust... On the SALT I will be running without baffles, so what looks like a muffler will be a trumpet...ITS PRETTY LOUD!!! ;D

The seat on the Bike is from CMW shown in there Continental Kit... Its called the cafe solo set.  The battery has been relocated under the set!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:25:04 pm by Mitch »

Mitch

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 03:04:06 pm
ON THE ROAD...

I will not have a computer with me, but I 've got the BIKE, TOOLS, and camera...

Mitch

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 03:09:29 pm
GOOD LUCK Mitch!!!!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 02:42:23 am
Bonneville salt flats.
 It has been said that your lucky if your best run on the salt is only run 10%-15% slower than your best run at home.

Think loose traction, thin air of the altitude, high ambient temperatures.

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Mitch

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 05:49:52 am
I just got home a short while ago... that is exactly correct.  I talked with people there that ran on salt and on pavement. SALT is 10-15% slower.  My first year there, they told us do not be discouraged if we do not get the speeds we expect.  The Salt Flats are the most difficult place in the world to break records!
My best run this year was 83.311mph.  So I am pleased with that... But never say die... I will be back again! I am already planning next years trip!
The umbrella with tailgate hitch really made my time on the salt MUCH more enjoyable.  I was able to stay out on the salt all day.  Some old friends stopped by and I had a chair to offer... It was very nice.

Mitch

PS Next year I am planning on bringing a n 8 x 12 Easy-Up, With my entry fee, I get 3 pit crew passes so I will say it now... If anyone ever thought of going down to observe these Motorcycle Speed Trials, let me know... Next year is only 51 weeks away!!! :)