Author Topic: 2009 G5 Deluxe or 2011 G5 Deluxe?  (Read 5907 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 09:43:51 am
Original sprag still going strong ( '06 military )

The cranking system in the UCE mills was designed in from the begining and not a compromise added on later like in the previous engines.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 09:54:07 am
I thank all of you for your helpful comments.

Your welcome,,,,,just trying to help a brother out.

After not riding for 9 years I feel a bit intimidated but hopefully with all of the low speed riding I'll have to do to break the new bike in I'll be back in form.

These bikes are easy to handle well and do so without being twitchy.
 You should be back "up to speed" in short order.

At the moment, I also have that sort of hollow feeling that one gets after putting a large chunk of non-refundable cash down.  By next Tuesday I'm hoping that feeling will have gone away.

Odds are it will vanish.

We very seldom see used UCE machines for sale,,,,,I think the owners tend to keep them for good reason. ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 03:10:38 pm
Before the factory adopted the concept some one did a mod  to make the cap a one piece affair. You might search the threads.

I think it was r80t but I could be wrong.  The mod was, "Tap threads into the cap, install allen bolt."

Scott

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 03:17:57 pm
It's a pretty simple mod, just thread the center hole in the cap and add a bolt, a 15 minute fix. Another good idea that I swiped, from Scooter bob this time :D I swiped this picture too!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

SimonT

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 11:05:42 pm
We very seldom see used UCE machines for sale,,,,,I think the owners tend to keep them for good reason. ;)

This is what factored into me buying one... ive got a unofficial rule that i dont buy second hand vehicles...but i couldnt find any second hand...

A chat to the dealer confirmed this... he had never seen a 2nd hand UCE model for sale. Owners must love them too much to part with them. After buying my first new vehicle ever, i can see why. I just love the thing to pieces. Sure its got its quirks,but there isnt much i would change.