Author Topic: Fury  (Read 8927 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 04:00:06 pm
Have you not seen a C5?

Heeheehee! - Someone sent them a picture of your 350 Honda before they started on it ......  ::)

::).... ;D.... ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:02:28 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 01:32:48 am
RE has yet to come out with the "perfect" bike.

Just like with women, it's not what's perfect that counts.  It's what's perfect for you. ;)

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 01:34:48 am
If it's like women, it's what can put up with me...
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

DNash

• Idiot
  • Bulleteer
  • '01 Military - "Rocinante"
Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 02:52:48 am
The only new "Royal Enfield Fury" I'm interested in is the new-production bigheads from Hitch. :D

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 06:17:57 am
If it's like women, it's what can put up with me...

Isn't that what I said?

enfield freddy

• Grand Gearhead
  • old man riding an old bike
Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 11:26:51 pm
tiz a UK model only , the bike is built/modified by watsonion squires , the importers , it lookscarp , and is the laughing stock over here
arthritis hurts at my age!

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 04:03:40 pm
Absolutely horrible. At least needs clip ons....but I can't tell what it is trying to be.   Just not right. I admire them for trying on new concepts, but trying to make it something it isn't, what ever this is, just doesn't work for me. The one I DO like is that cafe bike that the factory is toying with. Proper bum-stop and all, instead of that thing in the cafe racer kit.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 04:39:59 pm
Its the future..accept it and move on. 8)...
Oh Magoo you done it again

MDLNB

• Scooter
Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 07:09:17 pm
India has a very different culture. I have seen a six member family riding on ONE scooter. Their fuel is way more expensive than ours. The temps over there can soar way over a hundred. Big bikes burn up in their cities and even in rural areas you can't get up any major speed to warrant the lower fuel mileage. I lived in New Delhi for two years and went riding outside the city on almost every weekend. We had to depart early in the morning so that we could get some riding in before it got hot. We had to get back before noon in order to keep from over heating our Enfields.  Most bikes in India are oriental and small, or little scooters (Vespas) that they could carry the family on. My riding buddy shipped his Sportster over and had to put an oil cooler on it. He still ended up garaging it and rode his Bullet with us. It is just not the type of riding we have here. The roads are terrible, no one obeys traffic rules (there are none) and there are animals all over the place; camels, cattle, sheep, dogs, monkeys, and even an elephant or two. I doubt India will be moving to large bikes for a very long time. But, they do love to use their imagination on what they do have, when it comes to customizing. If you get a chance, take a look at my photos taken over there, of my 1968 Bullet, modified.

You will see more oriental bikes in India than locally produced Enfields. But that said, Enfields are still the bike of choice for those that drive in the mountains. You can drive right up a steep mountain in fourth gear, with no effort.

I understand that Harley is building a market in India, but I would be surprised if they can sustain a viable business locally there. Enfield is even taking a back seat to the small and quick oriental bikes.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 07:25:32 pm
Thanks for that perspective.  It makes one appreciate why the 350 is still produced and lover there.  If you're only puttering around at slow speeds why bother with lower mileage and more heat put out by the engine?

Scott