Author Topic: Turn Signal Controller  (Read 5174 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 11:28:44 pm
I don't know about your State but yes, Arizona has laws covering the color of turn signals, both front and rear.
The colors of driving and parking lights are also defined in the laws.

It may take some digging but with the help of the web you should be able to find what your state requires/allows.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 10:21:04 pm
I believe that front turn signals here must be amber - rear amber or red - so in order to make the flashing rear brake light and signals more visible I will have them all red leds!
Dr B

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 03:11:58 pm
I wanted the rear of the bike to be more visible and instead of changing the bulbs and lenses to red on the back I just put in red led's even though they are supposed to be the same color as the lense.

The bike still looks stock with the orange turn signals  but when the brakes come on they flash with the brake light 3 times and then stay on and when the turn signals are  actviated they flash red!

THey are probably as bright or brighter red than the orange and when the brakes are on the back of the bike lights up all across.

These are matrix bulbs that shine back onto the reflector and out at the same time

http://autolumination.com/matrix.htm

They also have some neat spider bulbs that expand out when inserred and bulbs for tail lights that have a white side to illuminate your license plata
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:19:16 pm by drbvac »
Dr B