Author Topic: Changing Oil of a UCE RE on youtube  (Read 5095 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 11:25:28 pm
      Thank you, Thank you ALL for your appreciation and comments.  

@Bradey - Good tip !   I do coat the new filter with oil when I change oil.  But I had no picture of that step, so it slipped my memory. I will put a comment on the youtube.

@Ray - Sometimes I tilt the bike from side to side but not always. I left it out because in my opinion it is not a necessary step but is optional. My main concern was that if a viewer tilts the bike and it accidently falls, the viewer may blame the video ;).  I wanted to avoid that situation.

@Twin - I did buy the 'new-improved' cap, but it is hard to describe why I like to keep pushing on the spring, holding the washer/brass plate on filter, and all the excitement and sense of fulfilment when all parts fall in place  ;D.  Working with the original has its own mazaa.  This is an Hindi (Panjabi) word that is hard to fully describe.  But I think you get it !

@Simon - The oil is pale yellowish and may be some refraction of light looks greenish.

The video is not an Offical RE How To Do Video. It is how I do something. It is not all inclusive. Hopefully some people will find it useful and for others it may create an interest in RE.

I want to produce some more videos describing service / manintenace procedures done on my motorcycle. I hope other RE owners also do the same with other themes and show how they maintain or repair their bikes, so that we can keep our bikes running and thumping ;D.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:27:54 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

raycopper

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 08:34:53 am
     Thank you, Thank you ALL for your appreciation and comments.  

@Ray - Sometimes I tilt the bike from side to side but not always. I left it out because in my opinion it is not a necessary step but is optional. My main concern was that if a viewer tilts the bike and it accidently falls, the viewer may blame the video ;).  I wanted to avoid that situation.

Good point, well made :) Good slide show anyway :)
2010 C5 - Red

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 02:16:22 pm
I didn't know tilting the bike from side to side was part of the official procedure.  Maybe I'll try it next time.  Maybe I'll start reading that fancy manual I bought ;)

Scott

greggers

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 03:52:05 pm
As a newbie getting ready to do his first oil change soonish, this is great! One question, what do you use to clean the plugs and filter casing? Just a rag or some kind of cleaning solution?

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 05:35:42 pm
Just wipe the drain plugs/magnets off with a clean rag, note if there are any really large metal bits.  The screen can be wiped and sprayed out with carb cleaner, brake cleaner, or WD-40.  If you don't have any of those just wash it with water and dish soap.  No matter how you wash it, dry thoroughly and re-install.

Scott