Author Topic: Turn signal issue  (Read 5102 times)

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 04:12:37 pm
Not much fun is it = that said - 65mph for any period of time is like when I used to drive my HD's at 100 mph - they would shake so badly parts not loctited on with regularity would tend to shake off - rear tail light assembly, chrome air cleaner cover, rear axle covers - all aftermarket - couple hundred bucks each and trashed after rolling down the road. Bars would vibrate so badly your hands would "fall asleep: mirrors useless and the bikes cost over 20 grand.

I appreciate your frustration but as some others tried to say with some tact - tighten up the nuts and bolts - loctite them on - and - not so sure this is the machine to ride on a long commute at 65MPH. 
Dr B

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 04:30:25 pm
its strange..i hardly get any vibration on my stock mirrors while riding (they  r really steady) ...yes going over 60 i get a wee bit but nothing crazy..when i first got the bike , the first thousand mile or so I use to get buzzing through the handlebars but that's been gone for a long time...I did re tighten the bolts/nuts and look them over on occasion or while I'm wiping her down after her bath....i don't take her on long trips like some of u guys, as i have a 1100 for that...Most of the time she's goes on 50-60 miles at a time...100 miles would be a long trip for her and most of the time i have her in the 45 - 60 range (by the speedometer) while varying the throttle on scenic country roads with the occasional blow out the carb for 20 miles on the return..I'm over 200 lbs so maybe I'm absorbing the vibration from the machine...just guessing on that..I'm not interested in sustaining over 60 for long periods of time with the expectation that she's gonna last in the current mechanical configuration.. I'm told the c5/g5  can handle that but in the same breath, i think the weight of the bike has alot to do with long distance highway riding and vibration factor..
Oh Magoo you done it again

Fox

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 05:19:29 pm
Yeah, I'll PM Kevin on Monday to see if he's encountered my warranty claim.

I'm pretty diligent about checking for loose things and tightening them. A couple of days prior to the liberation of the shield I had checked through the bike and nothing seemed loose. However, I put 300 miles on the clock in one go, and all of it was highway.

My normal commute never takes me above approximately 60 miles per hour, and this only briefly. The bike has only seen a few all-highway trips, and I'm trying to mix it up a bit more with backroads, since I'd rather not shake it into oblivion.

For things like the footpeg bolt, that will get some loctite love when I get home. I do have some blue; I just hadn't applied any of it. Not much that can be done to keep the chrome button in, except maybe some putty.

I'm not one to dwell - despite what the bitching in this thread may seem to indicate, I don't complain much, especially publicly, unless I'm not getting traction. I hope this will be a relatively inconsequential bump in a long and scenic road with this bike.

Yes, I'm a tough customer, and I probably ride harder than a lot of Bullet owners. But I wouldn't have bought the bike if I didn't think it would take me where I need to go - I just need the support along the way to make this happen.
2000 KLR650 - Clack Clack the Sorry Green Bastard
2009 Royal Enfield G5 Deluxe