Author Topic: Super Newb!  (Read 8222 times)

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
on: April 30, 2011, 03:00:21 am
First off, just let me say, long time listener, first time caller. Just purchased my C5 from my local dealership little over a week ago. So far so good. Been watching the posts and almost feel like I know some of you already. It is really reassuring to know that the RE has such a devoted and helpful motley crew. I have wanted to get one for along while now but was worried about keeping up on the maintenance on one of the Pre 09's. This is my first motorcycle :D! Rode a Bajaj Chetak for several years though so I know a little about Indian motos and how hearty they are. Willw post about the worrying bits on the drain plug reminded me on the time my little 150 chetak ate some of her own innards. I had to pry the screen out with a pair of vise grips cause the mess looked like a Brillo pad around it. Changed the oil and got back on the darn thing, and it seemed like she hardly even noticed that she had digested a 5 mm bolt. Not planning on treating Alison like that tho, that's the bikes name, trying to break her in right, hit 233 on the odometer today after my commute.

Well, Again I just want to give shout outs to all of you for making this forum such a wealth of expertise and assistance as well as allot of fun to follow. If not for you guys like Scooterbob, Willw, Ace, Greenmachine, DucatiScotty, r80rt, prof_stack, gashousegorrilla, and singhg5 it would be allot less ride and allot more wrench. In my book fellas like you are just as much a reason I picked the RE as the bike itself.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:26:57 am
Welcome aboard Okie Enfield and congrats on your Bullet.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 05:08:03 am
Okie:

Welcome to the RE Forum.  Looks like you are an experienced rider and that too on an Indian motorcycle, Bajaj Chetak !  Are you in US or in India now?  Would love to see some pictures or video of your 'Alison'. 

I agree with you that RE Forum has some of the most helpful, knowledgeable and fun members who freely share their expertise, joys, and pains together from across the globe. I meet many people around town who want to know abour RE or where to get it or how about service as dealers are hundreds of miles away. I have told the same thing that the combined expertise of Forum members is an invaluable asset and they will be able to do their own maintenance for the most part, as long as they don't mind getting thier hands dirty a little bit.
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:15:09 am
Welcome! Got my new/used iron barrel back in December and its been a fun experience so far. Ive had some small issues but nothing the great folks here didn't help me with. Its been well worth the effort as the bike has been so much fun so far! I love all the crazy looks i get while on it. Its a special machine for sure ;D

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 05:44:46 am
I'm in the US, Singhg5, in Tulsa Oklahoma to be precise. I loved my Bajaj, a truely unstoppable little machine it was. Rejetted it almost as soon as I got it and slapped a HMF straight pipe on it, could get that girl up to 75mph on 10 inch wheels! Not the fastest scoot in town but was sure the LOUDEST! Harley riders would pull up at stop lights, laugh at my baby till I rapped her out and shot a 12 inch blue flame out the pipe. LOL! Sold her back to my Ex wife after the Divorce, her dad owned the local scooter shop. Too many memories tied up into her. But now, I have a new baby after my 3 year dry spell and I cant wait to keep racking up the miles and learnin more about keeping her road worthy.
Oh and Ice, sorry I didnt include you in the shout out earlier. You seem to always have good advice and I look forward to learnin from you all.

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 05:49:44 am
Welcome Okie Enfield!

I thought I had the only RE in Oklahoma.  The red C5 from Ron's Cycle in Tulsa?
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 05:58:50 am
 ;DGive that man a Prize!...Yeah, use to buy parts for scooters from Ron when I help with the shop. Great bunch of guys and they know their stuff. He cut me a deal on it and I couldnt say no. Really liked the blue better but could beat the price for the one on the floor with a stick and I know what a pain it is when you have inventory just sitting there. I couldnt believe it took him so long to sell it, guess we need to work harder, ride more so people can break their dang jaws off and run down and give him some more business. If you come up into T-town sometimes TWinOKC, yell at me and we'll do some riding.

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 06:22:21 am
Oh and I forgot TWinOKC, there is or was a 03 for sale on craigs list in south Tulsa. Has the hack on it and think dude was ask like 5 for it. Will be lookin to get mine outfitted so I can ride year round. Maybe this winter, maybe next. Depends on the money and the wifey.  :P

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 08:13:51 am
Welcome Okie Enfield. and congrats on the new bike.
You've now got the most fun ride and found the most fun place to talk about it!
How good can it get...... ;) :D

2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 02:44:48 pm
Welcome to the forum, A red C5? Excellent choice!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 03:49:28 pm
welcome to the forum. the c5  are beautiful machines...all the bikes have their quirks and it seems to run different for everyone...once u get past that and fix whatever issue is bothersome ,the bikes are solid machines and will always bring a smile to your face no matter what the day presents....everyone on the forum seem to be of the same mentality regarding the enfield brand and we try our best to present the reality of the machines operations and technical attribiutes...we mostly like to ride them and the c5 seem to fit that bill nicely but i would prefer one with the kick start which I believe is available now....cheers
Oh Magoo you done it again

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 04:36:53 pm
Welcome to the forum, A red C5? Excellent choice!
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride!

Once again r80rt is forgetting how much better a black C5 than red or blue/green.  Not sure about the C5 chrome, though!   :D
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 05:01:01 pm
i doubt very much that r80rt is forgetting anything of the kind...his perverted mind is cemented on that red c5 of his and only serious therapeutic medicines will overcome that obstacle...all we can do as concern brothers  is provide positive biofeedback and hope for the best.. ;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 09:36:21 pm
I had to pry the screen out with a pair of vise grips cause the mess looked like a Brillo pad around it. Changed the oil and got back on the darn thing, and it seemed like she hardly even noticed that she had digested a 5 mm bolt.

:D :D   Gotta Love that attitude man...That is great !..  Welcome Okie !
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 03:12:24 am
Hey Gorilla, my Gaelic is rusty.

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Can you translate?

And r80rt, I think they are forgetting that red is the color of passion, love and revenge! We gonna get u suckers for dissin our babies! >:(