Author Topic: Are there any brighter neutral light LED replacement bulbs?  (Read 26222 times)

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #60 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:24 am
..............the finish is KTM-9, made by Grafted Coatings...............................  Makes my hurdy-gurdies hard and shiny...

hard & shiny ? .....  snicker snicker ........

Thanks !
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Bronwyncarlisle

• Neophyte
Reply #61 on: May 04, 2016, 04:33:32 am
Well, I've cluttered up this thread plenty, but I want it to be useful, so here's the latest...

I was able to remove the "Warning Indicator Assembly" using Jack's Windex idea (thanks, Jack!!!  Also works for removing stubborn wedding rings - no, not for the reason you think  ;) ), so I've taken some photos with everything apart.

Now that I have changed all the bulbs with the Warning Indicator Assembly off the bike, I see that it's unlikely that I would have been able to do it any other way.  Once I got the rubber boots off, the Low Fuel socket came right out of its housing, but the other two were so tightly wedged in there, I had to use a real solid grip on the assembly, and pliers to pull hard the sockets, with a twisting motion, straight out of the housings.  If I ever need to change a bulb there again, I'd definitely remove the assembly - Windex and a little wiggling and persuasion helped me pull it right out of the nacelle (the rubber bushing came right out with the assembly).

According to the auto electrician I showed my assembly to, a hair drier is the way to go when removing bulbs from the assembly. Heat up the plastic housing and then you can pull out the sockets. I will try the windex idea though - I had to replace the housing under warranty and completely wrecked the original getting it out.
Bronwyn
C5 Classic
650 Interceptor