Author Topic: Inside The Headlight Housing Of A c5  (Read 2332 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: May 02, 2016, 04:59:14 am
My first c5 an 013 bike was very messy/untidy inside the headlight housing. 3 years later the bikes have jumped ahead in the improvement to the wiring harness - looks very nice and tidy plus the 3 pin connector for the headlight!...great.
what am I doing here? I plan to pull the headlight and get on with the job. boring bill is about to re-spray the front end of the Lagoon blue....BLUE
not been riding much lately as I've felt a bit off balance so not taking the risk on a one way ride but I think I can hold the spray can good enough to do this task...LOL

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:41:41 am
Even Japanese bikes are a disaster inside the headlight shell. They go to so much trouble making neat and tidy wiring harnesses (though I wish they would quit using electrical tape to wrap them in) I don't even know why that stuff is called electrical tape. I would never use it on anything electrical. It is at best temporary, and when it gets hot it turns into a gooey mess.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:39:38 pm
My first c5 an 013 bike was very messy/untidy inside the headlight housing. 3 years later the bikes have jumped ahead in the improvement to the wiring harness - looks very nice and tidy plus the 3 pin connector for the headlight!...great.
what am I doing here? I plan to pull the headlight and get on with the job. boring bill is about to re-spray the front end of the Lagoon blue....BLUE
not been riding much lately as I've felt a bit off balance so not taking the risk on a one way ride but I think I can hold the spray can good enough to do this task...LOL

Holy crap!  Where does the lightbulb go?..... :o ;)