Menu

Members Rides

The thunderbird

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

19 Guests, 2 Users
Quiqueaus, PerazziMx14
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2016, 05:27:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Inside The Headlight Housing Of A c5  (Read 195 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Inside The Headlight Housing Of A c5
« on: May 01, 2016, 10:59:14 pm »
My first c5 an 013 bike was very messy/untidy inside the headlight housing. 3 years later the bikes have jumped ahead in the improvement to the wiring harness - looks very nice and tidy plus the 3 pin connector for the headlight!...great.
what am I doing here? I plan to pull the headlight and get on with the job. boring bill is about to re-spray the front end of the Lagoon blue....BLUE
not been riding much lately as I've felt a bit off balance so not taking the risk on a one way ride but I think I can hold the spray can good enough to do this task...LOL
2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014 Continental gt
2014 C5 tan
2015 black/chrome
2015 limited edition dispatch
2016 lagoon blue

2004 mazda-speed miata
2001 bmw z3

previously owned cars - falcon XYGT-VH E38 RT Charger - HT GTS Monaro - VG Valiant pacer bathurst pack

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Inside The Headlight Housing Of A c5
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 01:41:41 am »
Even Japanese bikes are a disaster inside the headlight shell. They go to so much trouble making neat and tidy wiring harnesses (though I wish they would quit using electrical tape to wrap them in) I don't even know why that stuff is called electrical tape. I would never use it on anything electrical. It is at best temporary, and when it gets hot it turns into a gooey mess.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best of intentions'

MeVoCGT

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Inside The Headlight Housing Of A c5
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 07:39:38 am »
My first c5 an 013 bike was very messy/untidy inside the headlight housing. 3 years later the bikes have jumped ahead in the improvement to the wiring harness - looks very nice and tidy plus the 3 pin connector for the headlight!...great.
what am I doing here? I plan to pull the headlight and get on with the job. boring bill is about to re-spray the front end of the Lagoon blue....BLUE
not been riding much lately as I've felt a bit off balance so not taking the risk on a one way ride but I think I can hold the spray can good enough to do this task...LOL

Holy crap!  Where does the lightbulb go?..... :o ;)