HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Rain, Rain,Rain

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2016, 03:06:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It's it worth trading in  (Read 684 times)

Eagle56

• Bulleteer
Re: It's it worth trading in
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 02:56:45 pm »
I can hear/feel the pump kick in, hoping it's a good sign.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 06:13:23 pm »
checking for a fault code would be a good idea plus have you pulled the headlight to check if the wires to the ignition are held securely.
they have been know to come loose at times
2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014 Continental gt
2014 C5 tan
2015 black/chrome
2015 limited edition dispatch
2016 lagoon blue

2004 mazda-speed miata
2001 bmw z3

previously owned cars - falcon XYGT-VH E38 RT Charger - HT GTS Monaro - VG Valiant pacer bathurst pack

REpozer

• His Honorable Excellency, the
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 12:19:38 am »
Okay Eagle , I give up.
Trade me your Bullet .
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 05:12:23 pm »
If your bike is in good condition, as in not crashed or dropped, and you like it other than the running issue, I certainly wouldn't get rid of it. You will get almost nothing for it, and have to pay full price for a new one. Since you have checked all the easy stuff, it could be in the ECU, fuel pump or throttle body. I don't know how you test those. The ignition is simple except for the CDI. If your battery has enough current to start the bike, it likely has enough to power the ignition and EFI systems. I have no idea what the current draw is on the fuel pump, but it might be on the high side. If you have a flooded type battery, I would definitely replace that with a MF AGM type. And make absolutely sure all the wiring is good, especially the ground.

If it were mine I would go with the carb kit. It also comes with a new ignition system, since the ignition and EFI are connected together. I know everybody wants EFI, but I don't know why. It seems to me that anyone who would choose an Enfield over the latest high tech Japanese wonder bike would actually prefer a carb. It seems expensive, but only costs a small fraction of what it would cost for a new bike.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best of intentions'