Author Topic: Just hit 300 miles...  (Read 7259 times)

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 04:30:17 am
Nice day in Washington eh? I can guarantee it will get cold, and miserable at the end of the month - I know this because I am going to be there, for a month or so.. Unfortunately without a bike, but there anyway, so it will rain, snow, blow and be horrible.. :)
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

prof_stack

Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 04:32:49 am
... Birdmove, I am having a little non- scheduled maintenance being performed and I am not sure how long it will take so ...

Jon, what fixin' does your Deluxe need right now? 

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 05:30:18 am
    Prof_Stack, great looking Buell you have there! Yours, I believe, is an XB9? I test rode an XB9R Firebolt a few years ago at Downtown, and was duly impressed. Also took out a Blast which I also really enjoyed. A while back I was looking for a nice M2 Cyclone Buell. I did find some nice, low mileage ones, but never ended up buying one.
    To Jonapplegate and Abe: Vince called me early this morning and said to bring my Classic on down and drop it for the 300 mile checkup. I loaded her up and hauled it on down there and dropped it off.I'll pick it up next Monday morning. I didn't do much looking around, but I did mention to Vince that I heard Jons bike was there.Apparently a problem with the sprag clutch mechanism? I've heard about some problems with these. I've been trying to avoid using the electric start when cold, and when warm it starts so easy the electric start isn't needed. Jon, have you had your fist service yet on yours?
    Abe, You haven't picked up your new Bullet yet I take it? Hope you get better weather than I've had when you get yours home.It took me quite a while to get the 300 miles on it. Mostly I've been taking it out on the weekends, since, when I'm working, I don't get home until 6:30-8:30 at night and its pitch dark and rainy or cold.... I have Sun/Mon off and scored big time this weekend weather-wise. Both mornings it was really foggy, but when the fog burned off I got reminded what the sun looks like!
    Back to work in the morning.

Jon

Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

abe

Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 02:50:33 pm
I hope to pick it up soon, it would have been nice to have it the last two nice days we had, now it looks like it will rain until the 4th of July when summer starts down here.  Glad to hear you got your 300 mile in so soon, at this rate you will be ready for a good riding season.

abe,

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 01:12:07 am
MAGIC BLACK ;) ;D
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

stipa

• Grease Monkey
Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 08:06:49 am
Are these great machines or what?... 
The bit of sunny (albeit cold), weather got me motivated to get my bike back together today.  Been trying out some different bar and seat options, haven't run the old bird since mid-October,  nasty wet winter and all. 
An hour or so on the charger, put the tank back on, first kick,  back to life. 
I swear, my bike can smell the daffodils pushing up.

Gonna try and run it to Paradise in a couple of weeks, if it doesn't snow again.